Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 public land in muncie IN?? >

public land in muncie IN??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

public land in muncie IN??

Old 11-10-2004, 12:22 PM

Default public land in muncie IN??

i go to school at ball state and im about 3 hrs from home. does anyone know any good public land in muncie in???
Old 11-10-2004, 05:52 PM

Default RE: public land in muncie IN??

Wally83,
There are a couple Mississinewa, Salamonie, There both about 40 minutes from Muncie, Let me know if you need direction to a hot spot At Mississnewa?
Old 11-11-2004, 09:22 AM

thanks Dave.... ive been fishing at missisinewa once...that place would definetly be somthing that im interested in
Old 11-11-2004, 11:02 AM

Wally83,
Are you needing direction to Mississinewa? Our do you need a place to hunt there because i can give you both if needed?
Old 11-11-2004, 12:12 PM

I know how to get there, im in the ball state bass club and we fished there last yr......but I have no clue where to go when i get there. If you can give me some info on it i would appreciate it. Is it a big public place?
Thanks
Old 11-11-2004, 01:35 PM

Ok here i go, Comming from Muncie Get over to State Rd 28 west head to Alex, There you will come to interscetion 28 and 9, turn right on to State Rd 9, heading towards Marion this will take you all the way through Marion past Wal-mart, Lowes keep go you will go through a section with alot of bussiness,Your looking for State Rd 15, You should see a Walgreens on the coner,turn left on to 15 take it several miles till you come to a small town there will be a gas station on your left (not sure the name of it), go to the flashing yellow light there will be a cementary as you turn left. take that road all the way past a stone quarry on your right.. It will be kinda hard to see at dark but you will see a gate start looking for a sign in station on your left (orange box), you must sign in), Just passed that on the right there is a pull off where you can park, get out there and get readywalk down till the field has been turned over and right too the left is a wood line take that back till you can see a big bottom hunt somewhere on that ridge, you will want to walk back close to a half mile there is a trail so the walking should be easy as your walking back the big bottom will be on your left watch that area they run it hard and bed in there also.....Good luck and if you need more info let me know....
Old 11-11-2004, 05:01 PM

Thanks alot dave...i will def. try it out
Old 11-11-2004, 05:01 PM

Dave22, Is there usually alot of people that hunt there? Do you see alot of deer or any bucks there?
Old 11-12-2004, 10:12 AM

Yes It does get alittle bit orange but what public land does'nt during opening day of gun season. You just have too wait them out because alot of the hunters will walk around and you have to be in the right place at the right time. Plus lets face it not all of us have private land to hunt on, and we have to make the best of what we got...
Old 11-12-2004, 10:13 AM

oh ya about forgot there you can only shoot bucks and yes there are alot of deer moving ariund????

Quick Reply: public land in muncie IN??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.