Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 U.P hunters success? >

U.P hunters success?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

U.P hunters success?

Old 12-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: U.P hunters success?

Well, I was fishing on the Tahquamenon during the opening week of regular firearm this year.
I've a place on the river with 60AC.

I did have my .300 savage in the boat with a few shells in my pocket in case a large rack jumped out and magically said "shoot me".

Fishing was slow with a barely legal Walleye and a decent Pike.
Hunting-wise was even slower than the fishing. I heard a couple of shots but not much.
The herd in the EUP has been way down for decades.

I hunt the lower peninsula for deer.
If the river is not frozen during deer firearm, I'll be on the river fishing.
Nice to be in the EUP with a bourbon toddie, good friends and the chance that a buck will show.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gladstone Michigan here, Seen tons of bucks while bowhunting and gun hunting. Shot a really nice 7 pt. and seen many larger bucks!! The QDM is really starting to show!! Have any of you yoopers been doing any coyote hunting? I'm coming up and would like to take one!!
Old 12-31-2004, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

well my season is just about done...i might hunt new years day, depends on how i behave the night before...no deer for me this year i guess but all in all, its been a good season even though i didnt shoot one i still had fun!...me and my dad hunted the same 120 acres of land, and new there was a nice buck running around by the big tracks we would see every other day go through the property, and the day after christmas my dad finally got the mature 10 point that was prowling around the property, he dressed out at 175lbs.

Old 01-02-2005, 02:28 AM

Nice! Very nice! And with his bow too! You can't beat that and I can honestly say I am jealous as, well, you know!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:57 PM

just about done ...i might hunt new years day, depends on how i behave the night before ...no deer for me this year i guess but all in all, its been a good season even though i didnt shoot one i still had fun!...me and my dad hunted the same 120 acres of land, and new there was a nice buck running around by the big tracks we would see every other day go through the property, and the day after christmas my dad finally got the mature 10 point that was prowling around the property, he dressed out at 175lbs.
both of my uncles got bucks around the iron mountain area. im getting the pics so i can show you guys. they are emailing them to me. anyway, my grandpa owns a bunch of land on some river and thats where they hunt.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Overall deer season We did pretty good,Mostly took the deer during Rifel season.
My son tagged a couple Deer during Bow season one buck(Big three point)& one doe
All in all we took Three Doe's and four Bucks.