Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Buck Activity >

Wisconsin Buck Activity

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Buck Activity

Old 10-18-2004, 08:55 PM

Default Wisconsin Buck Activity

Hey All,
I hunt in Central Wisconsin, (Adams County) and haven't seen much in the way of rubs yet. Between my hunting partner and I we have seen some good bucks, but they seem to be still in their bachelor groups. This past Sunday night(17th) I watched two bucks travel together into a feeding area (on the neighbors property) directly through a open grass field. About a half hour after that, I watched another buck move to the same area.
Shouldn't they be broken up by now and out of the summer-bachelor groups? I haven't found much in the way of rubs yet either, only a few small velvet type rubs. What are you all finding out there? Thanks.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wisconsin Buck Activity

I was out stompin around today in the North Kettles and there are rubs and scrapes everywhere! Unbelievable! Was ut shining last night after a hunt and seen the big boy thats doin all this! Nice wide rack! Tearin up some pretty big trees! Pretty fired up! Also seen a buck chasing 2 does around a green field! Nice! Good luck!
Old 10-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watched 2 small bucks on Sunday morning feeding in an alfalfa field, and occasionally sparing with one another every couple minutes. The sparing sessions were getting a little heated at times. I think the bigger ones are probably out on their own already and the smaller guys are getting pretty close. I've been seeing a lot more rubs and scrapes popping up lately as well. Shouldn't be long now.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:43 AM

Hopefully it changes for me as well. I have a big weekend planned and hope to see and get some opportunities at some bucks. Good luck to all.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:14 AM

Spent 3 days this past weekend up in the marinette county forest. No rubs or scrapes to speak of. It was very windy and a lot of new leaves on the ground, made it tough to track.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like up in my neck of the woods im finding very few rubs,but the last of the leaves are falling now and i think within a week the buck sign will heat up. Seems like the end of the month every year up here before they really get aggressive!!... in the U.P.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:32 PM

i havent seen many rubs, and tonight i seen 4-5 P/Y bucks together along with some small ones too. holy jingles was i surprised. one of the biggest was snooping the does a lil bit and the big ones' necks were pretty swollen but i havent seen any of the rubs.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:19 PM

Sunday eve. I was out in the Wood Co. forest. Saw a decent six feeding on acorns(there's a ton of them around this year!!)along with a single doe.Turkeys spooked both of them off but the buck came back After an hour or so, I had 2 does and a fawn come in the same area. The buck ran them out of the area,the same way does chase others off a corn pile. He had no interest in chasing or anything.He fed back to my stand and I decided to shoot him quartering away around fifteen yards, he ran forty and dropped. Two days before that I saw several small bucks feeding the same way among several does... DropTine, my folks have land just east of Lake Camelot. My father has been out a couple of times and hasen't seen too much. I'll be out that way duck hunting the next couple of weeks, and if I see anything I'll let you know. Where do you hunt??? I know a ton of places that in years past have had rubs and scrapes starting in Sep. that I could refer you to. I don't hunt as much in that area anymore(just on folks land and duck hunting on Petenwell). Let me know...
Old 10-20-2004, 07:49 PM

Bill J,
I actually hunt off of hwy 21 about 10 miles or so west of Coloma. We have 230 acres of land with a lot of conservency-zoned land around us. Generally, by this time of the year rubs and scrapes are starting to pop up, but nothing yet this year. As I said in the original post, we seen 3 medium to large size bucks last Sunday night, and two of the bucks were traveling together. It makes me worried that I'm way off on what I think should be going on. Please keep me posted on what you observe out there, I'd really appretiate it. Let's keep this post going, so we all can see how the rut is progressing. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:09 PM

I was up in Bayfield county this past weekend and saw very little sign - or deer for that matter. I actually saw as many bear as deer. One was a real bruiser less than 75 yards away from me. (bear that is) Saw only 2 does. Hopefully I'll see more during Tzone EAB. Hey Bill J, I'm fairly new to the area, do you know any good public land to bow hunt in the Marshfield area?

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Buck Activity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.