Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ANY LUCK IN OHIO?? >

ANY LUCK IN OHIO??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ANY LUCK IN OHIO??

Old 11-22-2004, 09:14 AM

Default RE: ANY LUCK IN OHIO??

I'm from Paulding County in the NW part of the state.

From what I've heard, there are plenty of deer to go around this year. Things were pretty active this past weekend during Youth Gun Season, several folks around got deer, mostly does. There are rumors about big bucks running around this area though (I saw some monsterous tracks), so I'm getting psyched. I'm planning on getting my stand and a blind put up tomorrow, so I'll be hunting during shotgun season. If I don't get one, I'll do some crossbow hunting in December.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Yes! have been seeing bucks running does like crazy the week of the 15 th. . took an ok 10 pt. the 16 th. bird dogging a doe.

Old 11-25-2004, 06:10 PM

i seen 2 today 1 nice typical 10 130-140 class 1 nontypical i didnt get a good look at him no does
Old 11-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

So how was everyones opening shotgun on this lovely monday? Let me hear the stories.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:33 PM

I was in Holmes county this morning, At 1st light a doe come up a hill about 20 yards from me got my gun up and ready about to shoot and out of the corner of my eye I see this tinny little doe take off and the other one went with it. Then I went ontop of that hill and saw about 7 deer. I coulda shot but i was in the same situation I was in during the youth season, a bit too far and behind some brush. So I didnt shoot. Later that day my cousins cousin opens up and a few mins later opens up again and I see this deer hobbleing down a hill. He hit it 4 times 2 in the back leg on it the fromt leg and one right abouve the butt. He was ontop of this hill so I yell to him its down here kicking around so he tells to to finish it.. So I slit it's throat. Later that day my cousin shoots a few times and doesnt know if he hit it or not so we go lookin and didnt see blood or anything. I saw about 15 deer today.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:00 PM

Hunted Athens County today. Got a small to medium spike buck. Didnt see anything but does today at all. Heard lots of shooting, but didnt see anything until the one I got at 3:47. She (or he as it turned out) was with 3 others that rushed past me, but that was it. The check station didnt really have any exciting stories either. One 12 pt and 3 or 4 8 pts, but that was all the bucks...mostly does today. Anyway...to get to my big question. Looking for a reputable and reasonable place to have my deer processed near Columbus. Any help is appreciated. Thanks and good luck!!! (im going out again tomorrow in the same place...let ya know)
Old 12-01-2004, 03:11 AM

it seems most of the deer places when out of business im glad i cut up my own i might set up a place next year to do it for other people im heading to hillsboro thursday to help a friend run his i think he might sell his stuff out his taxidermy is so far behind i dont think he wants to do it next year its not hard to do you do need lots of freezer space and a cooler to season the meat
Old 12-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, i was able to get out last night for about 2hours. I left work early. I got to brown county at 3:45 and snuck up into a field as big as a football field, thats why we call it the football field. I backed up to an ol pin oak tree and took a knee. IT was a south wind where i was hunting, and where i was hoping the deer would come, they couldnt wind me unless the wind does what the weather man says its gonna do.(i wasnt too worried, they dont know there arse from there elbow!) At 5P.m i hear a loud belch like sound, like a hunter was to the right of me burping real LOUD. I loook to the west, and here comes like 15-20 does into this feild and this big 9pt pushing all of them!!!! The does are like right in front of me and looking at me real hard and are about to spook, all i can see is this buck's g'2 it was soooo big and long i knew he was a shooter. I stand up and all hell breaks loose!!!!! First shot i shoot over his back at 50yds, the next shot he drops and dissapeared instantly!!! I reload and slowly approach where i saw and he is down in the grass!! I whistle and yell for him to get up and he is not moving or breathing from what i can tell, so i kick him, and i dont see any blood at all.............i pick up his wrack very carefully and i feel bone crunching and i look, i shot him THROUGH THE EAR!! Dont ask me, that isnt where i was aiming! Only thing i can think of is when i was shooting i was looking at his antlers, but none the less he is in the truck. So Ohioans iam tagged out, and i will have pics as soon as my aol bill gets paid and i can download these pics!!
Old 12-08-2004, 08:53 PM

I was in the right place at the right time last Saturday morning. I took the bow to the state park to wait on a big boy that the gun hunters on the outskirts my push into my area that being a state park is bow only. Anyway, I had a spike come in and a nice 10 following him. I'll try to post the pic. It was a great hunt!

[img]http://www.ohiosportsman.com/photopost/data/538/32614ptBuck.jpg[img]
Old 12-08-2004, 08:53 PM

oops?

Quick Reply: ANY LUCK IN OHIO??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.