Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 What's up with the Pack???? >

What's up with the Pack????

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

What's up with the Pack????

Old 10-12-2004, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's up with the Pack????

We should be, in theory, be a playoff team and a contender for the Bowl but as worried as I was during the pre-season with our offence not scoring and our defence not defending, I'm more worried right now. As much as I hate to admit it, Mike Sherman might not be the guy for GM.
The three things he needed to accomplish during the off season IMO:
1. Back up for Favre
2. A D-Back that can tackle (why didn't we pick up John Lynch?!?Could we suit up Edgar Bennett for a game or two?? Where is Chuck Cecil when you need him? Ronny Lott, are you out there, can you help?)
3. Either a linebacker to compliment Barnett, or a D-End to compliment KGB

We got none of the above and it shows.
We will split with Detroit, Chicago, and get swept by the Queens this year. Not a good way to send Favre, Henderson, into retirement and nothing to rebuild on next year.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:05 PM

Default RE: What's up with the Pack????

I think Sherman cant be both head coach and GM. They need a different GM or head coach. Or both. Get rid of Sherman. IMO he sucks now.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:24 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

They stink! Okay??? Now leave us to our booze!!

I think Sherman cant be both head coach and GM. They need a different GM or head coach. Or both. Get rid of Sherman. IMO he sucks now.
I agree. Actually, Vince Lombardi held both duties at one time and resigned as coach because HE said it was too much for one man to do both jobs.

And that was before the salary cap, free agency, etc....!!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:29 PM

The only way we are going to do any good is to get rid of Farve, he is nothing but an equal opportunity quarter back who throws the ball to the oposing team as much as his team, he is the problem and I think Sherman is his bed partner as any coach would of dropped Farve many years ago. Packers suck and will continue to suck until farve and Sherman are gone!!!!!![:'(]
Old 10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

OUCH!!!!!!!!!![:-]
Old 10-13-2004, 08:22 AM

I must appologize for my earlier statement for I meant not to offend anyone, I just got very angry when I started thinking of how many games we lost due to Farves throwing it away. I still wear my Packers Jacket and T shirt proudly! What I said is only my opinion and nothing else. Sorry. Jimmy
Old 10-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

How many games have we won because Favre wasn't afraid to put it right through the defenders? With a QB like him you have to take the bad with the GOOD. Same with Green, he's always fumbled a few times per season, but I wouldn't think of trading him.
Our d-backs that can't cover, intercept, or tackle. Well I don't think they belong in the pro's including Darrin "Ain't Nobody" Sharper, only reason he ever made the pro-bowl was because LeRoy Butler (I ment to say him in my first post, not Bennet) was covering his butt everytime he screwed up.

I sure hope Grady Jackson can start playing soon.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:55 PM

GO VIKES GO
Old 10-13-2004, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Handles
I sure hope Grady Jackson can start playing soon.
Yea he will start up the defense again hopefully.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:46 PM

Everyone jumps on the head coach and stars of the team whenever a team is don't poorly. Remember a play, 4th and 26 where we lost? This play caused a defensive coordinator his job, a defensive coordinator that got them within one play of the NFC Championship game. Now we have a new defensive coordinator, Bob Slowik, the same team defensively minus Mike Mckenzie and Grady Jackson, and teams are carving them up like my spitfire through my bucks vitals. We're blitzing and getting to the quarterback, great, except for he already handed off the ball and the running back is 15 yards down field. I can't wait for the Vikings to tear us apart, around 400 yards passing, probably another good 100 on the ground and 40 some points. It's going to be a long year, I don't think losing on 4th and 26 in the playoffs is nearly as bad as being 3 games below .500 with no hope in sight. Just my opinion!

Quick Reply: What's up with the Pack????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.