Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Best time to bowhunt MO >

Best time to bowhunt MO

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Best time to bowhunt MO

Old 10-05-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Best time to bowhunt MO

Hello

I am heading to Missouri to bowhunt my in-laws land near the lake of the ozarks. I am going to hunt the week prior to gun season. I would like to make a additional trip prior to this but would like to know when would be the best time. When do you guys from Missouri think the pre rut will crank up? thanks
Old 10-09-2004, 12:13 PM

Default RE: Best time to bowhunt MO

I haven't seen any signs of the rut yet. I've been out in the field the past 2 weekends and the deer are just grazing.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:37 PM

tnichols.. the week your coming up has to be the best in my opinion,, i always save a week of vacation for the week before rifle season,, i always see a lot of chase activity that week,, as far as another week to come up,, id say the first week of november,, but that will put you here for two weeks,, but if not possible,, the last week of october,, the closer to the second week of nov the better, but i see some interest in calling/grunting/rattling usually starting the last week of oct,, around halloween.. Good luck.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:10 PM

Id say the first week of November should be the best. We have a youth only hunt Nov 6&7 statewide. I have been in the woods the last three weekends and have seen only a few scrapes this weekend and no rubs at all yet. Al the deer I have been seeing are combing the ridges eating acorns.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:28 AM

hey everyone first post here. I would have to say without a doubt that late in the first week to the second week of november is prime time in MO. I've Killed two of my Biggest bucks on Nov 7th. The biggest being a 16 point that grosses 170. I was on my land last weekend doing some scouting and really hadn't seen many signs of the rut geting started. With the cooler weather it should be getting fired up this weekend. Good luck