Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

[Deleted]

Old 02-27-2002, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Kill em all!!!

sorry to here about you truck glad your son's O.K. i got a doe acouple of weeks ago she came out of a field going full bore right in front of me 1600.00 on my truck i wasn't hurt just ticked off

Edited by - HOSS on 02/27/2002 08:46:21
Old 02-27-2002, 01:09 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Default RE: Kill em all!!!

Trapper, I can definitely relate! Two years ago, on the day before gun season, I managed to have a similar incident.

At about 10AM on the Friday before gun season, I making sure my guns were in prime condition. I noticed that my brother-in-law was out of cleaning solvent and a few other things. Being the nice relation I am, I decided to go to town and get some at the local sporting goods store. Halfway there, three deer appeared out of a roadside thicket. I locked 'er up and swerved. One of the deer froze in front of me, then jumped just a split second before impact. She hit the front end and flew into the windshield! Luckily, I ducked just before she hit. Glass went everywhere, and thanks to the deer jumping, she went over the top of the vehicle rather than landing on my lap...or worse!.

Needless to say, I was without a vehicle for the first few days of gun season until the windshield was replaced, and when I got home, had a $3,800 repair job.

That year, the deer struck first! Two days later, on Sunday morning, I got even by bagging an 8 pt with an 18 inch inside spread that scored around 140!

Funny how things work out!
Old 02-27-2002, 01:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]