Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

military camo

Old 06-14-2004, 10:22 PM

Default military camo

Does anybody recommend military camo for bowhunting whitetails? If so what color combo's would you use?
Old 06-15-2004, 03:23 PM

Default RE: military camo

I think it would be fine I have use some. I would say Woodlands camo would be the most versitile. If your in a woods with a lot of tan the desert and if its winter I would say winter camo or urban camo.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:45 AM

Have used military "Woodland" pattern camo for years. Still one of the best patterns. A bit noisy at times when moving through brush.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:08 AM

I perfer the military camo over all. Never did like the new fangle designs. I also dont like the new designs with all the leaves, and shadows in them. The military camo in the woodland design will create it's own shadowing. I started out using it years ago, and as far as I'm concerned it has work then and it works now. I do own the some of the new Nat gear camo which I like a lot, especially the snow camo. Beside you can go to any army surplus store, and buy the military camo at half the price of some of the new stuff out there. But this just my .02 cent worth.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:42 AM

you can buy it cheaper then the other stuff that for sure.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:31 PM

I find the standard BDU's to be GREAT for hunting! They come in a variety of patterns and I've used them all effectively. Woodland I've used succesfully for deer and coyotes (though I'm standing by the ORIGINAL Mossy Oak Bottomland Pattern, not the new break-up stuff), I've yet to find a better pattern than the desert BDU's for hunting geese and antelope in Eastern Montana... the stuff blends in GREAT. The hardest thing to find is good BDU snow camo though. Then again, I haven't looked too hard since I've been using my own brand (aka: A white sheet with grey "branches", similar to the original Predator camo).
Old 06-21-2004, 07:49 AM

thanks guys for the info.