Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
DNR can kiss my.......... >

DNR can kiss my..........

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

DNR can kiss my..........

Old 03-03-2002, 07:32 PM

Default RE: DNR can kiss my..........

You just gotta love the propaganda--Successful antlerless hunt reduces number of tzones for 2002. Kill was down 30%, but man it was successful !!! The herd dropped from 1.65mil to 1.53mil to 1.5mil after some careful calculations. We harvested 446,000 and there is 980,000 left over winter. 980,000+446,000 doesn't add up to 1.5 million on my TI calculator...
Old 03-04-2002, 12:10 AM
Banned

NUB-

I agree this TZONE is a Big Joke. I am just laughing at the way you are harping so much about it since November. Go to the meetings and state your case, I am!

Peak
Live and Learn
Old 03-04-2002, 12:12 AM
Banned

Nub P.S.-

You cleary stated that it doesnt bother you one bit to give up your measly 2 days to Gun Hunt but yet you spend a hell of a lot of time complaining about it on here. Go to the meeting!

Peak
Live and Learn
Old 03-04-2002, 04:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

They must be taking lessons from the Pa. game commission on the numbers game.There good at it here.Some years there are more deer shot then the state says exist.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:35 AM
nub

peakrut: Before you go throwing accusations around you might want to spend a little more time in the midwest forum. If you did you might just learn who goes to meetings and who don't. Or perhaps read the whole thread instead of just the first post. If you have some bone to pick with me, try email. Mine is not hidden.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:34 AM
TJD
Fork Horn

I've been to the meetings...in fact several times. Couldn't get out of work this year to attend, but I have to say that the meetings are kind of a joke. If you question the DNR's figures, they trot out a lot of fancy sounding stats. Then, when you point out some flaws in their stats (see also the SAK thread in this forum), they nicely dismiss you by saying "Well, we professional game managers work with this stuff everyday" or some such noise, and never even answer questions regarding the apparent inconsistencies in their numbers.

So peakrut, how many meeting have you gone to where you've made a difference? Problem is, the DNR goes into the meetings with a conclusion in hand, and then tries to find facts to justify if. For example, saying we have too many deer and need a t-zone. Then the gun harvest is off 30% and they say, "See? Our t-zones were successful!" Then when confronted with the fact that such a "success" should result in no additional need for t-zones, Bill Mytton states on Wisconsin Outdoor News "we don't want to place all of our eggs in one basket" and get rid of the t-zones. So much for the "T" standing for temporary!

So peakrut, this is why we gripe! Don't like seeing it? Sorry, but when there is a reason to gripe, people will gripe here. We seem to have as much of a chance of the griping affecting things here as it would at one of the DNR's "Amen Chorus" gatherings.
Old 03-04-2002, 01:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Spike

Personally I don't understand why they just don't extend the season. Or better yet give out Muzzleloader tags instead of using bonus tags or unfilled rifle tags. It seems to me the DNR would make more money by SELLING muzzleloader tags.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:59 AM

they are doing more harm then good i believe...they should just leave it like it was 10 years ago
Old 03-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: DNR can kiss my..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.