HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   turkey season in ILL how's it goin (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/59776-turkey-season-ill-hows-goin.html)

HOSS 04-24-2004 02:44 PM

turkey season in ILL how's it goin

how has every body faired so far I just got back from so. ill hunted 3rd season had a good hunt but passed my shot (bird across a creek and on another mans land) worked lots of other birds had a double workin last day but I had to move and they busted me. I learned somthings and had a great time. oh! well of to MO. late next week. The bird I passed on was a beut

IL_BOW_MAN 04-24-2004 06:15 PM

RE: turkey season in ILL how's it goin

HOSS, my buddy got a nice bird down in Schuyler county last weekend.

I am heading over to Peoria this coming saturday for my season. good luck in Missouri.

Later

jepcho 04-24-2004 09:07 PM

I cant help you much with illinois but the season has been great here in southern Iowa!! I got one 40 minutes into season. I'll be out again next weekend.

HOSS 04-25-2004 10:39 AM

talked to the group I'll be huntin with in MO. last night 2 0f 5 havenice birds so far others have been on birds but no shots.
good luck bow_man hope ya get a good one.
congrats on a quick hunt have fun on your next one

justhuntitall 04-25-2004 08:08 PM

Got my bird this today a real whopper 28lbs. 11 3/4 inch beard only 1inch spurs but still a dandy Mercer county bird. Good luck guys.

t roy 04-26-2004 09:23 AM

i waited a little to long to send in my applications and wound up with 2 5th season tags; no big deal, been out scouting the early mornings last couple weeks and the turkeys are all over the place; this weekend i am introducing two good friends to turkey hunting, i put in the tags for everyone and i ended up with 5th season, go figure, any way i will probably have as much fun just calling for these guys. should be a good warm up to the following weekend.

titleist_03 04-26-2004 11:45 AM

I've been out the last few weeks checking my spots I've seen turkeys and there is no sign of any birds right now. I went out yesterday morning and never heard a gobble. I'm beginning to wonder if there are any turkeys to even hunt at these three farms.

t roy 04-26-2004 01:59 PM

titleist, what times have you been out? I've been out just around sunruse the last 2 weekends and havent even used a locator call because all the toms are gobbling on their own.

titleist_03 04-26-2004 09:03 PM

Sunday I was out at 5:50. About 15 minutes before daylight. Saw plenty of deer but never herad a thing out of a turkey. I hooted and crow called around 10 times through out the morning. It was pretty windy so that may have had something to do with it. Or maybe the turkeys just aren't there now.