Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

UOI hunting

Old 03-01-2004, 07:54 PM

Default UOI hunting

I am going to be going to University of Illinois Champaign for college in two years and i was just wondering if you were allowed to have a bow on campus. Does anyone know anything about this? UOI is only about an hour from where my property is and i was going to go door to door at some of the farms to see if i could hunt there. I dont have a bow, but i am going to get one. What is a good bow I could get that is under 350 bucks. Thanks a lot.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:25 AM

Default RE: UOI hunting

HuntnfishMastr22,

I don't know if you can have one on campus, but I may see you there. I am planning on going back to school. Lady Forge is the resident expert @ U of I. She may know a bit more.

where are you from in Illinois? I saw that you were in a suburb of Chicago. I am originally from Tinley Park....

beej
Old 03-04-2004, 06:21 PM

ugh
Old 03-04-2004, 06:24 PM

Forget that last reply...i was writing an instant message and hit enter without realizing it was on there. I am from Hickory Hills. Not sure if you know where thats it, buts its right by Bridgeview or Oaklawn. I will have to talk to Lady Forge. Itd be nice to be able to have a bow. i know there is an archery club down there not far from the campus. I am planning on having a car down there so i guess it worst comes to worse i could always keep my bow in the car. We'll see. My dad is a judge so he might be able to talk to them and see if they cant let me have one on campus or something. Thanks alot. Maybe ill see ya down there.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

HuntnfishMastr22;
There is a new group of archers at the Uof I, they call themselves the Illini Archers if you email me I can put you in touch with the person that is with that group. The Illini Archers have recently joined us at the East Central Illinois Archers in Urbana, Illinois they shoot at our outdoor and Indoor ranges, we have a outdoor practice range for 10 to 50 yards, a broadhead range, elevated shooting platform, a 30 target 3D course in a mostly wooded setting with a few open area targets. We shoot a monthly 3D shoot from February to September then we start shooting a casull 3D shoot called bowhunter tuneup.We currently have 126 members, and several prostaffers as well as state, national and worldchampionship archery members. We also shoot in the winter Indoor leagues and are open for open shooting indoors on Saturdays from 11:00am-4:00pm.
Membership cost for a one year family membership to East Central Illinois Archers is $35.00, and $17.50 a half price membership for students.
[email protected]
These people are keeping their bows on campus, but as for a dorm that maybe a whole different matter, I can see the dorms not allowing you to keep a bow on the premises. I wouldnt advise keeping your bow in your car, to easy to steal, and you dont want to expose your bow to the extreme heat temps that a car can reach inside.
As for a good bow I'm not sure on the prices but Parker makes an excellent bow with reasonable prices and great customer service.
If you still have the storage issue with your bow when you get here I can help you with that dilema.
We look forward to seeing you in a couple years
Old 03-05-2004, 07:28 AM

I used to live just south of Champaign. Stop by Hunters Haven, it's just off Prospect in the same building as Slot and Wing Hobby. They may have a bow in your price range. As far as finding a place to hunt, to be honest, good luck. Most around that area are very protective of their hunting land, since there isn't too many good places to hunt. But give it a try, you never know.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:22 AM

HuntnfishMastr22,

I know exactly where Hickory Hills is. you can't beat Nick and Vito's pizza. that is some good stuff! My wife is from Palos, just down the street....half of my family lives in Oak Lawn or Evergreen Park, so you bet I am familiar!

Hopefully we'll meet up @ U of I!!!!
if you are looking for a decent bow, you can head into Tinley Park. there is an archery shop there called Freddie Bear sports. he is a big proponent of PSE products and is straight with the information he provides. if you are just getting into archery, teh Nova is a reasonably prices entry bow and will kill a deer just as good as any other bow.
If you want to know where he is exactly, I can give you directions....

beej
Old 03-05-2004, 09:54 PM

thanks a lot Lady Forge. I really appreciate it. I will defineately be contacting them and maybe i will stop by on my way home from turkey hunting or when i go to check out the campus.

BeeJ thats awesome. I know right where Palos is I can walk there in two minutes. And oaklawn is also right down the street. And Vito and Nicks have the best pizza around lol. You should come back and try all the barbecue places. We have three with 2 blocks of eachother and another one being built. And i have actually been into Freddie Bears a couple times...not recently, when i used to play roller hockey at the Tinley Roller Rink. Havent been out that way in a while. Ill have to stop by there some time. Talk to you later

Thanks guys i really appreciate it.

Ben
Old 03-06-2004, 10:33 AM

Ben,

how crazy....I didn't even mention...I was born in Oak Lawn...
which barbecue places are you talking about??? the rib pit? stones and bones? I have eaten at the first, but not the second.But, ,I'll be up in June for a wedding, so maybe I'll give it a try!

It didn't even register that your Dad is a judge....I am heading off to law school. does he work at the bridgeview court house?

lastly, did you go to stagg? My wife went to Stagg for H.S. and I went to Andrew.

pretty small workd, huh?

brian
Old 03-06-2004, 11:16 AM

BeeJ,
Were you born in Christ? Hickory Hills has the Pit Rib House (the best one), Georges, the Pig Place, and the Bones and Stones place isnt even open yet. Something with a liquor license. My uncle works at Bridgeview. My dad and my aunt are both judges downtown at the Dailey Center. I go to Stagg right now.

Its a small world

Ben

Quick Reply: UOI hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.