Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MN bear hunt

Old 12-30-2003, 07:06 PM

Default MN bear hunt

I was hoping to get some info on hunting bear in MN , How hard is it to draw if you are out of state. and does anyone have any leads on a good place to go / or a good local guide to set up a hunt for me. Plus I cant aford to pay a whole lot of $. After hunting them in Wi for the first time last fall, Ive become hooked on them and I dont really want to wait another 5 to 7 years to go again. Thanks Terry
Old 12-31-2003, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MN bear hunt

Try the MN DNR website, they should have some of the info you need. If you have any other questions, shoot them an e-mail, they're really good at getting back to you. I'm not sure how hard it is to draw a tag, but I do know that we have alot of bears here. Last fall (2002) each license holder was alowed to shoot two bears. I don't think the harvest was very high this year because of weather conditions, and natural food supplies, so there should be alot of bears running around in the woods next fall.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

i looked last fall and at the begining of the season there were something like 10,000 tags available for all zones. some zones had two or three thousand tags alone. Also the price is right for a none-resident.good luck maybe ill see ya there.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

With the double tags this year you'd probably have a good chance of getting one next year. I'm originally from Babbitt, which is located in the NE corner of Minnesota. I know of one local outfitter who from what I've heard offers some decent hunts for black bear. I know there are some big bears up there. He could probably give you some references to check. The link to website is http://www.strictlybowhunting.com/An...ybearhunts.htm. His name is Mike Bissonette and just tell him that Tim Butler sent you.