HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   [Deleted] (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/43246-deleted.html)

Deleted User 11-15-2003 07:40 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

huntinfool14 11-15-2003 11:00 AM

RE: Indiana gun opener

Weather conditions were terrible. Pouring rain until about 8. I stayed til about 11 and my dad stayed til about 11:30,neither one of us saw a thing. Hopefully we will connect tonight!!

Hobbsman3000 11-15-2003 06:39 PM

My brother and I were going to go hunting this morning at 5 am but it was raining so we waited and went at 2 pm, we stayed until dark and seen nothing.:(

Deleted User 11-15-2003 06:52 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

phishook 11-16-2003 09:54 PM

Saturday morning, went out early, around 6. I sat and didn' t see a thing untill about 10. Either a VERRY LARGE dear passed through an opening rather quickly, about 400yrds. Put the scope up and could make a rack out because of the rain misting. Then a few minutes later two small doe went through, back and forth a few times. The size of the two doe compaired to the first was amazing, It had to have been an older buck. Got back in the truck about 1, and went home for some lunch.
Went back out that afternoon at 2, ya 2. Took an hr brake. Decided to sit in the stand where the deer passed by that morning. I started down the path and saw some movement. The same two doe were still out where they passed earlier. I crouched down and sat there while they ran around hopeing the buck would come out. NO luck. Ended up sitting on a dead tree till 6:30.

Day two. I always regrt it, but I always do it, I tried to do a little stalking. A sat on the same tree for a few hrs, then because the ground was soaking, and the wind was blowing the sent from a hog farm through I walked the edges of some low grounds, and ditches. Jumped two spike bucks, and a few small doe. Of course, couldn' t get a shot. The I ended up sitting under a tree untill lunch. Grunts, beats, rattle bag, their all junk.
Went back out at 3. Sat in the same ladder stand that I did before. Nothing until 5 or so. I had 3 smaller doe walk out of the weed to a ditch 100yrds and 2 shooter size doe come out, but went back in. Then I noticed in another dirrection a group of doe working a ditch line coming twards me. Ended up having 10 doe all out at once. Now it' s getting close to dark, 5:30. Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam. [:@] Some @#%&ing @#%*#@& is shooting right at me. No not hunting, rifels, pistels, Shotguns. I still was watching the deer, they didn' t get too spooked. Some went back in the weeds, but I had my scope on one at 50 yrds, but I thought for sure a buck would come out with all the doe around. Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Click Bam Bam. Not this guy has shot about 50 rounds![:@] It' s to late to be shooting like that. I could still see good enough to drop a deer. But this idiot was throughing shots out as fast as he could shoot, and I felt a little under armed with a muzzel loader. Kinda felt like he didn' t want me hunting there. (my truck was in the field visable from his house.) What do ya do? I still had a shot at two doe(could have dropped them both with one shot:D) But what would this idoit do if he hears a gun shot out there? Honestly he shot none stop for, 20 minutes or so. Now I lost the last of the deer, and it' s too dark to shoot. Click Click Bam Bam Bam BAM! I had to brake down and do it, I got my cell phone out. Verry verry colse to calling the cops, but ended up calling my dad' s house so some one else new what was going on. Got down fron the tree after he stopped shooting for a while, and got the he11 out of there.

Now what? Move my stand? Tell the cops and DNR what happened? I' d rather not let this guy know who I am.

Deleted User 11-17-2003 08:58 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

neweboarhunter 11-17-2003 10:18 AM

Three of us went out opening morning. We came across two bedding areas at least three scrapes one 5' across. I did not see any deer...bucks....does NONE.
Saw a lot of rubs also. My friend jumped 2 does as he drove the deer in our direction. My father had a good morning seeing deer...2 does....6pt...8pt...and a very large wide racked typical 14pt.....These deer were walking single file at about 85 yards in a plowed corn field. He was useing a Rem870 with smoothbore barrel w/bead site....so he did not take a shot at this range....said he did not want to take a questionable shot.

propmahn 11-17-2003 09:06 PM

neweboarhunter, i was so happy to read that your dad didnt take that shot. i cant tell you how many people around me would have. the idea seems to be that if they are far out there you just need to keep shooting. i mean 3 shots in 3 seconds who are these people.
hope yuo guys get that one though would love to see some home grown indiana bucks.

the_outlaw 11-17-2003 11:36 PM

Three of us went out on Sunday. My brother seen a 6 pt buck in front of him on a trail we were traveling on, by the time he had a shot at it it was gone. But, as he put his gun down, the buck ran across the trail going to other way..grr!! I never seen the buck...:(. We sat a little ways down the trail from where we seen him and never got him. We got up and tryed tracking this deer. We followed this path and found several rubs and a scrape!!! We followed this path twice and on the second go round we found NEW rubs that wasnt there the first go round...guess where were gonna be come this weekend...:)!!

Outlaw

Honna 11-18-2003 06:41 PM

My dad killed a 12 pointer at 7:15 sat.