Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio muzzleloader season is up next who's heading out >

ohio muzzleloader season is up next who's heading out

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio muzzleloader season is up next who's heading out

Old 12-31-2019, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default ohio muzzleloader season is up next who's heading out

well my favorite deer season is coming up OHIO MUZZLELOADER SEASON is jan 4 thru jan 7 2020. just love this season will be heading back out to lorain county to see i if i can get mr. big was riding out there on sunday & got a glimpse of him around 5:15 heading out to feed .opening day looks to have 50% chance of rain & then snow late afternoon.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Doesn't look like we'll have snow on the ground unfortunately.

I hope you get that big buck.

My grandpa's neighbor asked if I'd come help put some drives on for his son and another youth hunter they're taking out. So I'll do that for a little while on Saturday before going to bed for the day. They have permission on some nice properties.

Then I plan on coming out to Lorain either Monday or Tuesday for the day.

Wish we had some snow.
-Jake
Old 12-31-2019, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

thanks jake . we may have snow saturday nite into sunday. also may have some flurries on tuesday. will see out there let me know what day works best for you.. p/s i finally got to talk to clem today. seems like 1 hellva guy.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck today Tom. Hope to get a text with a picture of that big buck sometime today

my wife is going to come out for a few hours this morning before the rain hits since I'll be driving for this other guy. So she'll be on post with them and I'll be walking. Hope to get something moving for these guys.

-Jake
Old 01-04-2020, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

well the day started off in a down pour & a heavy fog until 9am & clear got to see the big buck cross the field well over 400 yrds away & then the fog rolled back in @10 am & stayed until noon. only thing i saw was the big buck & the back of my eye lids . when the fog rolled in it so poor in visabilty you could'nt see more than 15 yrds . only heard 2 shots all day.& could hunt unti 541 pm but at 515 you could'nt see anything due to darkness & the snow. but heading back out tomorrow morning. worst opening day for muzzle-loader season in some time
Old 01-05-2020, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

I went and helped put on drives for these guys from 820-230 when I had to go home and get some sleep. The rain and sleet was really picking up by then anyway. I saw three coyote and 7 deer myself.

Each of the youth got to shoot at doe but missed. One of them got to shoot at a coyote too.

A buck cut behind one of our drives and a driver shot it while it was heading out the back. Cool looking buck.

-Jake
Old 01-06-2020, 12:27 PM
Spike

Nice buck!
Old 01-06-2020, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Hunted half a day with Tshaffer today. Perfect weather and a nice day to be out. I'm done for the season now. Have some stuff I have to get done tomorrow.

Time to clean everything and get it put away and start pulling stuff out for turkey season.

-Jake
Old 01-06-2020, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

thanks jake . i really enjoyed your company today. & we got to get bronko out here to do some hunting. glad you got to meet the land owner today. & as far as the other thing today. just wished it would of panned out . those are some nice pictures you took . will let you know how i do tomorrow
Old 01-08-2020, 02:58 AM
Typical Buck

well the season ended yesterday & i did end up getting a doe . see 5 doe but could'nt get a shot but turned around and lone doe was there never see her & see never seen me . i think see was watching the 5 other doe . got the shot in & down she went . last day doe . will update everybody when the total kill is in & i don't expect a record broken unless it's one for least amount of deer killed in muzzy season. i think all total i heard 5 shot's & that includes mine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.