Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio deer gun season >

ohio deer gun season

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio deer gun season

Old 12-05-2019, 12:14 AM
Typical Buck

opening day results are in ohio killed 15501 deer up from 13651 from last year. up 1850 deer . showing good signs

Last edited by t.shaffer; 12-05-2019 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

I was surprised at the amount of people out for a Wednesday.

Quite a bit of shooting going on. But most of it sounded like misses.

Had a fun day. Definitely looking forward to muzzleloader season out there. That's probably my new favorite season and it'll be good to be able to chase does in the late season again.

-Jake
Old 12-05-2019, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

awesome jake i love muzzleloader seson. i think that's the best season
Old 12-08-2019, 12:46 AM
Typical Buck

heading out today for the final day of first gun week. seen 3 nice bucks & 14 doe . all to far to shoot . not alot of hunters out either & diffently not alot of shoots ran out either
Old 12-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

well the first gun season has ended & i myself did'nt kill one . the last time i got skunked was 1999 20 yrs to be exact. oh well 3 more were taken today by my buddies . basket rack 8 pointer & 2 does . can't complain see enough . seen that spike buck again today. but still did'nt decide to take it. well in 2 weeks our extended gun season kicks in for 2 days dec 21 & 22 . alot of shots today & alot of hunters out this afternoon. fiquired they di'nt want to watch the nfl games . well we will see in a couple of days what the total harvest is for gun week.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

well the total kill for gun week is in & the results are 63,493 deer that's up 2741 from last years count that a increase of 4.25 % & now only on state game lands it's buck's only until feb 2 2020 but on private land it's either sex
Old 12-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Late season back in for Sat and Sun this weekend. I think I'll be hunting close to home probably on Saturday- looking for a buck. Need to do some things around home too that day. I have a stand set up on a 6 acre property that I'm allowed on. It's not much, but I have day time pictures of a few bucks showing up on camera. Sunday I'll probably go sit in the morning but have to work that night so won't be hunting all day.

I'm mainly excited for Muzzle loader season to come in after the Holidays. I have some days off for it this year.

-Jake
Old 12-19-2019, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

good luck jake . will be on hawley rd on saturday & nesbett's on sunday. hopefully get to draw up on 1 . yeah me too i love muzzleloading season. don't forget your welcome to hunt out here in lorain county during muzzy season. let me know how you do this weekend.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Ohio was good to me tonight, again.

Interesting and intense hunt, I'll make a post with all the details in the whitetail section.

-Jake
Old 12-22-2019, 10:13 PM
Typical Buck

well the extended season has ended & for the first time in twenty years did not take a deer during gun season. had a great weekend . should of had a nice buck but short story the one guy who was suppose to take another stand accidently took the stand i was suppose to be in. so i told him not to worry about i'd hunt the stand he was to be in.he seen the big buck but could'nt see him in the scope & instead took a doe . was meant to be i quess. sunday was in the correct stand & seen the buck @ 510 but was in the state park were you can't hunt was going to shoot a doe @ 250 yrds but it ran back into the park also before i could get a good shot. but a good day seen over 14 deer.but no shots now the muzzleloading season begins on jan 4 thru the 7th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.