Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio archery opens 9/28/19 who's heading out >

ohio archery opens 9/28/19 who's heading out

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio archery opens 9/28/19 who's heading out

Old 11-10-2019, 01:00 AM
Typical Buck

heading out this morning to the deer damage farm & then off to wellington for a late afternoon to evening bow hunt
Old 11-10-2019, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Arsenal hunt went alright. It all depends what unit they put you in. We had a nice unit. It was pretty open woods. Lots of acorns. Lots of squirrel. The deer mostly stayed in the thick stuff on either side of our area though.

Spent most the day hunting the edge waiting on deer to come out to eat or get pushed out.

Around 11 the wife missed a doe unfortunately. Then at 1150 I shot a little button buck. Thats all the shootable deer we saw. Unit beside us took a buck and three doe in the thick stuff and said the deer were running circles in there all day long. We were just one unit away from the good action!

We saw a very large buck running into another unit. And then a small buck with a few doe running through the brush.

One lucky lady managed to take this buck and a doe.

Acorns were everywhere. As well as fox and black squirrel. I'd love to get in there to hunt squirrel.

Picture of sand creek

We had a good day anyway.

- Jake
Old 11-11-2019, 02:39 AM
Typical Buck

congrats jake aleast some meat for the freezer. went out yesterday took a doe on the deer damage farm seen a nice 10 pointer but was not on the property.was on the neighbors property about 1/4 mile away. went out to bursley rd seen about 8 doe but not sure if they were the same doe over & over again. went to the check in station & 1 guy had a decent 10 pointer but rack was'nt that big. donated the doe to feed the hungry. now heading back out today to see what happens with this cold front coming in .
Old 11-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

hi tom, how have you been? rifle season isnt in here yet. 3 more weeks to go.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mr slim. How are you holding up this year?

Going to be able to get out to hunt? Saturday opener should have more people in the woods.

-Jake
Old 11-12-2019, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

hey mr slim. hanging in there just like boogers. actually having problems with my left side rotor cup & bursitis setting in on both of my shoulders . but still able to get out . but can't stay out like i use to. finally got to meet & take jake out to do some hunting on private land in lorain county. yeah gun season starts here monday after thanksgiving. how are you doing? great to see pa open their season the saturday after thanksgiving. now if they could agree to sunday hunting.let me tell you having sunday hunting is the best thing next to sliced bread. it's good hearing from you.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

been doing pretty good. knees still giving me problems. going to call ortho dr and get some shots of cortisone in them. might be able to get out for deer. if the deer keep coming into the field above the house i can knock one off from the deck. there has been three or four bucks around in the field. 4, 6, 8 points. 4 not legal. after first week does are open. they taste better then bucks anyway. some guys with camps that live out of state are not happy with the saturday opener. makes it harder for them to get to camp and open up and get stocked up with one day. well see what happens.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

was out all day today & did'nt see a dam thing . like somebody shut off the deer movement. there were allot of hunters out figured aleast somebody would push a deer out . nothing notta darn thing . i can't believe the rut is over yet. coming home in the dark & did"nt see anything either. going out all day tomorrow . oh yeah love that sunday hunting . oops that on the pa hunting forum.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Because of how our PTO request works out makes it difficult for me to get off those days. Allot of people take all of Thanksgiving week off. Making it hard for me to get Friday and Saturday off to get over there and hunt.

I was able to make some switches and make it work this year. But I can see that it will cause a problem eventually.

-Jake
Old 11-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

fully understand that jake . fortunely i've been pretty lucky to able to take off days for hunting being #2 in the senority list. also nobody else in my shop hunts & everybody takes time off during the summer . was out sunday & deer were on the move again. had to go to my hunting club meeting @ 5 pm & did i see deer out in the fields . mostly bean fields . probably seen over 30 deer