HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   fawn drop (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/421034-fawn-drop.html)

whitetail72 05-27-2019 01:47 PM

fawn drop

Has anyone seen any new born fawns in northern Ohio this year? I haven't seen any on camera at this time or with my spotting scope.

Bocajnala 05-27-2019 03:24 PM

None yet here. Trumbull county

-Jake

t.shaffer 05-28-2019 06:35 AM

i know of one doe that has dropped but have not seen the fawn yet & i still got 2 prego's coming to feed in my yard. looks like they should be dropping any day now . last year did'nt see a fawn until mid june & the year before that had my first fawns appear in my yard on july 4 2017

Mr. Slim 05-30-2019 03:03 PM

weve been seeing a fawn that was born about 2 or 3 weeks ago here in Clarksburg. see it once in a while following its mother in the field.

t.shaffer 05-31-2019 04:52 AM

had to go to cranberry twp yesterday for a wifes cousins funeral & seen a fawn between the ohio & pa turnpike think it was more into pa side .

whitetail72 05-31-2019 06:11 PM

Thanks for the Info

Mr. Slim 06-09-2019 12:25 PM

wife and i were sitting out on the deck a couple evenings ago and were watching some deer moving around near the woods. all seemed nervous. they kept looking into the woods. a while later a doe came into the field headed toward the woods when she suddenly took of running into the woods. a fawn was right behind her. i thought i seen another fawn but it wasnt. it had a bushy tail. couple minutes later we heard a cry from in the woods that must have came from a fawn. we figured that a coyote must have been chasing the fawn and caught it. the doe started snorting up a storm right after that. will be watching out to see if it comes out in the field and gives me a shot with the 243.

t.shaffer 06-10-2019 04:28 AM

so sad to hear such sad news like that. but it's what's it's all about. i sure as hell would be out waiting for that yote or pack of yotes. well the neighbors are all taking about the fawn in our neighbor hood. i have yet to see it.

t.shaffer 06-25-2019 06:28 AM

finally got to see my first set of fawns on sat june 22 was mowing the grass & spotted 2 fawns in the back 40 stopped & got out of there so i would'nt distrube them. how cute they were about 2weeks old

t.shaffer 07-04-2019 06:50 AM

every year around the 4 of july i see my first fawns . i have already seen 2 about a week ago. today @ 6 am i had 2 mama's & 5 fawns they were diffently different then the first set i seen . they were playing in my back yard & eating the corn i set out for them. also taking a dipp in the baby pool i also have out for them

whitetail72 07-04-2019 12:15 PM

I just got some cam. pictures of a fawn two days ago . They are really growing fast now. Also had to mow around a fawn in my pasture field back in early June. So I think my fawn drop for the most part was around memorial week.

t.shaffer 07-05-2019 03:07 AM

yeah the first set i seen probably were born right after memorial day but these 5 i seen yesterday probably were not born until really late june

t.shaffer 09-24-2019 02:52 AM

well the fawn are turning into yearlings now they all have lost their spots & except 2 who still have a few spots on their hind legs. and they seem to be seperating from their mothers also . but will still see them time to time together.