Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio muzzleloading season starts soon who's ready? >

ohio muzzleloading season starts soon who's ready?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio muzzleloading season starts soon who's ready?

Old 01-07-2019, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck, sounds like you've got some good hunting spots.

-Jake
Old 01-07-2019, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

a matter of fact jake i do it's next to findley state park the 3 area's i hunt & there is no hunting for deer in that state park. i had 3 great contacts to get permission to hunt there . i love hunting those 3 farms . 2 of which i do yearly clean up in the spring for these guys. cut vines & dead tree's & etc .
Old 01-07-2019, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

I've been in the area on the motorcycle a few times . Nice area.

Skunked again tonight. Watched some fox squirrels through the afternoon .

Last day tomorrow

-Jake
Old 01-08-2019, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

I'm gonna give up a couple hours of sleep today to get into the woods a little longer.

Will be home and in bed by 830 and will try to get up around 11 and in the woods by noon till dark.

Last day, got to try something! 230-dark hasn't been working.

-Jake
Old 01-08-2019, 02:55 AM
Typical Buck

well i got skunked too last nite. did'nt see a deer nor did i hear a shot not even a discharge shot. yea today is the last day heading out now for the whole day . this afternoon the temps drop fast from 55 to 30 by sunset. hopefully they will be active & feeding during this morning.good luck if you are heading out. jake what kind of motorcycle do you have? i've got a triglide due to my bum hip. findley state park is in southern lorain county on state rt 58. if your ever out that way let me know & be sure to stop @ chet & frans country store great little gun shop in the back.we will have to exchange phone numbers on pm if i can fiquire how to get into it
Old 01-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

I got your pm and relied.

The deer cooperated tonight...

I had rain, hail, lightning and thunder, sunshine and extremely high winds. But stuck it out. I saw two. The biggest stopped at 30 yards, and I lined up the crosshairs and squeezed that trigger. All I heard was "pffffft" the doe quickly leaped into the brush.

Part of late season muzzleloader I suppose. I pulled the breech plug, and completely reloaded and waited out the rest of the night.

It was a fun four days of hunting. And I'm thankful to have gotten an opportunity, even if it didn't work out.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:55 AM
Typical Buck

yes it was fun for 4 days but what a wicked ending to yesterday. jake there was a tornado near mosquito creek yesterday around 10 30 am. f-1 style but was confirmed .did'nt see anything yesterday @ all . here 1 or 2 discharge shots around 6pm. first 2 days were nice weather the last 2 no so nice especially yesterday afternoon. will ck my pm & get back to you soon
Old 01-09-2019, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

The tornado was ten road miles from where I was. Much closer the way the crow flies I'd imagine .

I had no idea that was going on, but my uncle sent me pictures from his porch later that night of it.

Kinda bummed I didn't get that big doe now. But that's hunting.

Still enjoyed myself.

-Jake
Old 01-11-2019, 03:04 AM
Typical Buck

well the numbers are in the the 4 day muzzleloader season is in total was 14,168 lorain county was up by 2 & total was up by 1200 from last year.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:02 AM
Typical Buck

just recalulated the numbers & only 900 more deer were taken. i also wonder what the count would of been if does were legal on public land ?