Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio muzzleloading season starts soon who's ready? >

ohio muzzleloading season starts soon who's ready?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio muzzleloading season starts soon who's ready?

Old 12-31-2018, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default ohio muzzleloading season starts soon who's ready?

well ohio's 4 day muzzleloading season begins this saturday jan5 2019 thru tuesday jan 8 2019 & does the weather look great for the first 2 days. sat 43 deg & sunny & sunday 45 & cloudy. but monday shows nothing but rain . will be hunting sat & sun. hopefully will get to kill a nice buck. got 2 tags to fill & then i'm done for ohio.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be out every afternoon.

-Jake
Old 12-31-2018, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

i will be out sat & sunday all day but mon & tues will be out in the afternoon
Old 01-04-2019, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Due to Ohio's new no antlerless law in the late season, I think I'll primarily be confined to a tree stand on a very small piece of private land that I have access to.

It's my least favorite way to hunt and I'd much rather be out walking on a large chunk of public land.

However, I always love to chase doe during the late seasons, and I can no longer do that in Ohio now. So I'll sit my butt in the ladder stand I have set up and see what comes by.

the good news is that this spot is usually good for seeing a few doe on most sits.

​​​​​​
-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 01-04-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:42 PM
Typical Buck

jake you can take anterless deer on private land . check your regulations book .YOU CANNOT TAKE A ANTERLESS DEER ON ANY PUBLIIC LAND.
REPEAT YOU CAN SHOOT A BUCK OR DOE ON PRIVATE LAND BUT ONLY BUCKS ONLY ON PUBLIC LAND.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, I'm saying I'm stuck in a tree stand (my least favorite way to hunt) on a small piece of private land in order to hunt doe.

I would rather be chasing doe on my feet on a large piece of public land. But thats no longer an option.

-Jake
Old 01-06-2019, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

sorry jake misunderstood you. can't tell you how many people or hunters thought anterless season was closed statewide after dec 2 . in fact i shot a doe @ 200 yrds @ 530 last nite & took it in to a check in station & had a another hunter call the game warden & reported to him that i shot a doe . dude did'nt know the rules . odnr shows up & questions me where i took the doe on private or public. which i tell him private land & he knows where i hunt & looks to the other hunter & tell's him he could of created a big mess. the hunter came over & appolgized to me . i told him it's ok just read the hunting rules & regulations next time .
Old 01-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mr. Shaffer, there's still allot of confusion about the new law. I've even spoken with a few older hunters here recently that hadn't even heard about it.

I suppose that if you're not online and don't read the regulations booklet and just assume everything is that same, that you wouldn't know.

Glad to hear you got a doe

-Jake
Old 01-07-2019, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

I was out both days 230-dark.

Haven't seen anything to shoot at yet. Two beautiful days to be out though.

-Jake
Old 01-07-2019, 03:12 AM
Typical Buck

heading out today mon the 7 in freezing rain definitely will be in the built ground shed until noon & when it warms to 50 deg & stops raining .will do some stalking then until about 4 & back to the blind for a evening hunt . let 3 small ones walk right by me last nite @ 540 5 minutes left to shooting time . biggest 1 no bigger than 80 lbs. other 2 about 60 lbs. the farmer said he would of enjoyed 1 of them. so i may take 1 for the farmer today for a land tag deer.really has been a great weather season so far . tomorrow calling for rain snow late in the afternoon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.