Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
extended gun season in ohio >

extended gun season in ohio

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

extended gun season in ohio

Old 12-11-2018, 01:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default extended gun season in ohio

well the extened gun season is this coming weekend for 2 days only & saturday"s weather does not look promising sat low's start @ 36 & hi's going to 50 & 70% chance of rain.there we not alot of hunters out for reg gun week. don't expext to see alot for upcoming sat & sunday. sunday would be the pick of 2 day's sunny & dry hi near 45.saturday will be in the towering box blind that is all covered & will stay dry. sunday look's if i will do some stalking. differently taking the 450 on sat. & may use savage 220 on sunday

Last edited by t.shaffer; 12-11-2018 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be out both afternoon. Hopefully 2 until dark both days.

Good luck

-Jake
Old 12-11-2018, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

thanks jake & same to you. out all day saturday & afternoon on sunday. then i got to get out by 5 on sun due to a club meeting & election & you must be there if your running for a position or committee. which i am.& then in 3 weeks it will be my favorite season in ohio love that muzzleloading season. just wish they would skip the added gin seasom & add or make muzzy season a week long
Old 12-14-2018, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

tom, i talked to gary rupert at the club meeting last night and asked him about drummonds. he said that some of it is posted up near Hiemburgers farm. its still thick as all get out down there. i wont be going there anytime soon. the best way would be to use a canoe and come down the river from Saltsburg and pull off. then hunt the bottom and if anything is gotten bring it down to Avonmore in the canoe.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Saw six nice big mature doe tonight. Passed on them.

Tomorrow is my birthday and it's basically a "brown it's down" day for me tomorrow. I've never taken a birthday deer.

Hopefully those doe come back through again.

-Jake
Old 12-16-2018, 03:14 AM
Typical Buck

well happy birthday jake love hunting on my birthday ( dec 1 ) & love taking a birthday buck but would settle for a doe also on that day . took a nice mature doe yesterday @ 930. field dressed @ 158. then later i seen 8 does but too far to shoot. but in the afternoon when they were finally being pushed see 2 really big bucks body & rack but was well over 500 yrds away. a few moments later seen a herd of 17 deer which included 4 decent sized bucks & 2 smaller bucks . again down the same path 500 yrds. but a buddie shot a small buck that was lagging behind from these deer that was wounded in the front leg& put him down not to let him suffer or get it from the yotes. otherwise he said he would of passed on him. he could'nt get a shot on the herd of deer. but in all nice day for seeing deer a total of about 40 deer . heading out now to see what's in store for today & the last day of extended gun season btw i'm using the 44 handgun today

Last edited by t.shaffer; 12-16-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

mr.slim oh btw thanks for the information on drummond's .
Old 12-16-2018, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

I'm headed out now. Should be in my spot by 2.

Good luck

-Jake
Old 12-16-2018, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

We'l, no birthday deer. Perfect evening to be out though. Lots of squirrels and turkeys out. Not sure where the deer were.
​​​​​​I enjoyed myself anyway.

Somehow those deer knew they were safe last night and crossed and fed right in front of me. But none today.

-Jake
Old 12-17-2018, 03:25 AM
Typical Buck

yep was out yesterday & absolutely seen no deer & only heard a few departing shot's @ 5 .the 1 check in station said he cked in some on saturday & only 1 on sunday & that was from a kill on saturday evening.but what a beautiful day to be out . ok now come my favorite season in 3 weeks . love the muzzleloading season. oh btw jake sorry you did'nt get a birthday deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.