Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio gun week starts soon (11/26/18 ) >

ohio gun week starts soon (11/26/18 )

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio gun week starts soon (11/26/18 )

Old 11-23-2018, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

tom, not sure about the old Drummon's area. havent been down that way for many years. Hick's hill is posted. Cliff put a house back towards Meatballs place. Slushers Hollow is posted by the Rossi's from Tintown. ill have to ask Gary Rupert about Drummonds at the next club meeting.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

last time i was down drummonds aprox 2 -3 yrs ago it was so thick down there i seen bear & deer tracks . but i jumped a monster down there & could'nt even find him in my scope . my brother jim just told me that were he hunted on alcoa property off 780 is now posted no hunting . so he lost that area to hunt . said he's going to hunt some property near his house in washington twp.but good luck to you during pa's gun season.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:01 AM
Typical Buck

wel the weather forecast now has changed again for the opener on monday ( these guys change it more than i change my underwear ) hi of 48 still but it will linger till afternoon now & 100 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN most of the day & by 3pm temp's will start to drop & finally overnite change to flurries & temp's in the mid 20's to the hi of 32. just fill like monday going to be a wash.( litterly ) but will be out & in a blind .the rest of the week looks really good to be out .
Old 11-25-2018, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Same here in PA. I'll be out. But it doesn't look like it'll be pleasant.

Tuesday is looking good.

-Jake
Old 11-25-2018, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

well this weather is getting like my wife's side of the family ugly & uglier as time goes on tues weds thurs look good but for fri thru sunday IT'S GOING TO RAIN AGAIN ! but i'll be out. can't kill anything on the couch except for time. pay's to have wet gear & a good ground blind built like a hilton hotel. for the deer i don't know what to expect.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

ive heard that there are bear down in drummond's place near the river. same as deer if you shoot one it will take you all day to get out of there. brother Tom shot a buck down there one year in the morning and didnt get it up out of there until almost dark.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:14 AM
Typical Buck

mr.slim i thought the same thought i would take you days to get a bear out with out the assist of a atv.
well here in ohio monday was a complete wash & i mean wash had rain 90% of the day & 60% of that was a down pour did hear some shooting when it stopped raining. tues heard about 4 shots all total & there was a coating of snow on the ground just nobody was out. leaving here in about a 1/2 hr on weds morning & got about 4 to 6 inches out there . but friday into sunday warm & wet hi's near 50 & sat 90% chance of rain & sunday 60% chance of rain. friday hi's 45 & sunny till the afternoon & rain coming in.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:25 AM
Typical Buck

just check odnr & deer kill was way down from last deer on opening day last year they killed over 22,500 & monday kill was about 13,400 down about 45% here in lorain county 130 on monday compared to last year 200 so lorain was down by 35%
Old 11-28-2018, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

on monday when it was raining i sat in my He Shed just outside the house. seen four or five deer while in there. there is a field right above the house and i have permission to shoot deer if the come into the field. wish the wind would stop blowing here. getting to old to sit out in the cold with the wind. dont mind the cold but the wind makes it nasty out. saturday doe comes in so ill be looking for one to shoot. cant eat horns and they wont make a good broth even if you boil them.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:24 AM
Typical Buck

well yesterday i took a mature doe while having lunch @ my truck after i woke up from my nap. got it with a cva 45-70 single shot & a barnes 300 gr hp . not much of a drag either about 25 yrds from the truck.heading out today with the muzzy .it's 24 deg & little snow falling .today & friday will be hunting with amuzzy but sat &sun heavy rain coming . sat 90% rain & 55 deg with aprox 1 to 1 1/2 of rain expected sun 30 % chance of rain & 55 deg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.