Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Ohio black bears >

Ohio black bears

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio black bears

Old 05-17-2018, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Default Ohio black bears

This has become a common thing the last few years. And it always makes the news.

I saw bear tracks in the snow around 2010 or 2011 and no one wanted to believed me. but now they are seen somewhat regularly, especially in early summer. This one was seen by a lifelong friend of mine and they actually came out and interviewed him for the 6oclock news.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/38207862/b...land-and-niles

-Jake
Old 05-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

A dime a dozen here in New Jersey
Old 05-18-2018, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think many folks forget that bears can swim like a fish and they can smell food a LOG ways off like several miles away
so, if a bear smells food and can get to it, borders mean NOTHING to them

I live in a VERY heavy bear rich area, I average about 20 different bears in my yard a yr, up to 8 so far this yr that I can ID being different from tags to sizes and color marking
been about bears aLOT over the past 35+ yrs, from helping tag trap relocate, rehabilitate,, weight skin and mount, hunt and harvest them
Bears are WAY smarter than most folks give them credit for IMO! PA and WV have a very healthy population of black bears, so NO reason Ohio shouldn't as well in places that can support them yr round ! and thats the KEY food ALL yr, not just in crop times!