HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   ohio spring turkey starts in south zones 4/23/18 who's going ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/417823-ohio-spring-turkey-starts-south-zones-4-23-18-whos-going.html)

t.shaffer 04-18-2018 08:06 AM

ohio spring turkey starts in south zones 4/23/18 who's going ?

ohio's spring turkey begins this coming monday 4/23/18 i"ll be out in lorain county. wonder what the weather going to be like ? hopefully not slush or sleet or worse snow.

Mr. Slim 04-18-2018 09:21 PM

tom, where the heck have you been? jake and i both were wondering what happened to you. hope everything was ok. good to see you are back.

t.shaffer 04-19-2018 05:54 AM

been working alot of overtime due to the nasty winter that has taken a toll on out trucks at work. & believe it or not been deer hunting on a christmas tree farm for damage . plus cleaning up brush & vines off my buddies property in wellington oh. as for taking any deer on the other farm. just waiting for some bucks to show their racks . really don't want to shoot a pregnant doe right now so i will cut back on the deer hunting since turkey is about to kick in monday. glad to hear you guys were concerned thanks guys i'm doing well

Bocajnala 04-19-2018 01:50 PM

glad to see you're well Tom.

I've tried getting into crop damage hunts in Ohio a few times but haven't had any luck getting access.

When I lived in PA I had several farms I did hunts for each year.

-Jake

Bocajnala 04-19-2018 01:50 PM

I'll be out in trumbull county when our season opens up here.

-Jake

t.shaffer 04-20-2018 03:03 AM

yeah it opens a week later in the northern zones . all depends how i do in lorain county. if successful i head to either ludue or grand river wa to hunt . i do have permission to hunt private property in ashtabula county also. youth season opens tomorrow & sunday . sun up till noon.
weather looks to be good 50's on sat & 60 's on sunday & opening day 60's also.

Mr. Slim 04-20-2018 05:59 AM

tom, i almost called one of your brothers to make sure you were ok. glad i seen your post before i did.

t.shaffer 04-21-2018 04:12 AM

thanks mr.slim good to know your friends .hope you & bocajnala are doing fine . just been super busy . and now mondays weather is going to be near 70. differntly will be out turkey hunting in the morning & riding my hog in the afternoon.will let you guys know how i do . again thanks guys

t.shaffer 04-24-2018 04:07 AM

monday morning opening day had my bird bagged & tagged @7 03 am
nice 22 lb bird. got him as he was flying down & ran right towards me . less than a 15 yrd shot. by 10 am i was out enjoying the nice weather on my trike. heading out again tues morn. suppose to rain maybe get a little thunder. that makes them gobble

t.shaffer 04-29-2018 02:50 PM

heading out to ashtabula tonite for opening day in north zone tomorrow