HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   ohio muzzleloading season jan 6 thru the jan 9 2018 who's headingout ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/416675-ohio-muzzleloading-season-jan-6-thru-jan-9-2018-whos-headingout.html)

t.shaffer 12-28-2017 08:40 AM

ohio muzzleloading season jan 6 thru the jan 9 2018 who's headingout ?

muzzy season soon to start here in ohio. i only have 1 tag left in oh. more likely heading out to ladue in geauga county.it's public land & i have 'nt hunted it in aprox 10 yrs. but want to head out to see what i can do. suposely will be very cold here until after jan 15 before we see temps above 30 deg.mainly will be looking for bedding area or food plot.

Bocajnala 12-28-2017 10:08 AM

I'll be out in the evenings. I work all those days, so won't be in the woods until around 230-300 each afternoon. Bring on the cold.

-Jake

t.shaffer 12-29-2017 02:29 AM

i love this season. the one shot challenge i always try to harvest my deer in 1 shot . i will be heading out with heavy hearts my black lab had to be put down on christmas day. he was my best buds. j.j. loved vension more than i did. so this hunt will be for j.j.

Mr. Slim 12-30-2017 04:40 PM

tom, i know how you are feeling. i had to put my yellow lab down last year. he was one of the family. he had hip displasia real bad. sorry for your loss.

t.shaffer 12-31-2017 01:12 AM

thanks mr. slim . yes he part of the family. i loved him more than i love some people. my wife & i have always had a pac to never let our animals suffer. found he was internally bleeding from the spleen due to cancer.his baby sister sure does miss him. she was with us when it happened . i still hear his collar jingle & sometimes hear him scatching or sy when he would lay down. he maybe gone but never will be forgotten . rip j.j.

Bocajnala 01-06-2018 01:54 AM

Brr, it's a cold one for sure.

-Jake

Mr. Slim 01-06-2018 08:58 AM

jake, the sportsmens flea market our club is having is posted on hunting pa under the sportsmens forum. all the info is in there. if you know anyone else that might be interested please pass it on. thanks.

Bocajnala 01-06-2018 05:37 PM

Mr. Slim, pm me the info. It's in March correct?

I was out today. No deer seen. Still a nice (cold) day to be in the woods.

-Jake

t.shaffer 01-06-2018 05:49 PM

out all day in a ground blind toasty inside with a heater & outside was negative 6 deg. heard 1 shot all day . never seen a deer all day. buddy sent me a picture of aprox 60 deer bunched up & heading onto a state game land & never heard a shot go off . said he drove by around lunch time & no vehicles around.hopefully better luck tomorrow going to 25 deg. you know the deer will be out feeding .

t.shaffer 01-08-2018 04:03 PM

was out in geauga county today . what a day all rain & snow & blowing
could not see further than 30 yrds . just a miserable day to be out. i seen more roll overs & accidents than i seen deer . absolutely zilch nothing o n. you get the picture .& 0 hunters out also. when walking it was 2-3 feet deep. sucked . tomorrow is the last day.