Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio muzzleloading season jan 6 thru the jan 9 2018 who's headingout ? >

ohio muzzleloading season jan 6 thru the jan 9 2018 who's headingout ?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio muzzleloading season jan 6 thru the jan 9 2018 who's headingout ?

Old 01-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

I was out all day too. I still hunted until lunch time, then took a break and sat on some food for the evening. Saw nothing. It was snowing too hard to find fresh tracks even. I was hoping to catch some bedded down. But no luck.

I'll be out after lunch time tomorrow.

-Jake
Old 01-09-2018, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

sorry about your bud .. I can so relate to your pain .. you really did the right thing .. I have a yellow sweetheart .. will be 8 on valentines day and i'm really not secure about her future .. seizures , incontinent, torn acl 3-4 yrs ago .. sorry , eyes are getting blurry
Old 01-10-2018, 02:23 AM
Typical Buck

thanks davidg he's been gone 2 weeks now & still the pain is still deep. i see him in his favorite places in our home. still hear him snore & si & scratch .
Old 01-10-2018, 02:29 AM
Typical Buck

well yesterday was the last day for muzzleloader season . went out all day & seen nothing . at 5pm @ 200 yrds a big buck stepped out & could not shoot him due to the buck tag was filled . a few minutes later 5 doe stepped out @ 100 yrds . raised the traditions ldr & put the cross hairs on the biggest doe & bam, smoke clears & 4 doe are running off & 1 doe just laying there drt & mr. big walks right over to her & does the sniffing game . thought he was going to mount her.now i'm done in ohio have my legal limit of 6 deer.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't see anything on the last day.

I have that special draw hunt at mosquito lake on the 26th to look forward to now. Congrats on tagging out!

-Jake
Old 01-12-2018, 04:04 AM
Typical Buck

i only saw a few & yet odnr claims they killed over 13000 deer during that 4 day season. sounds like b/s to me . i believe it's a number to sell next years hunting license! i hunted 3 different counties & may of heard 5 shots total & i mean local & distance.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

I heard three shots in the four days I was out.

-Jake
Old 01-13-2018, 03:07 AM
Typical Buck

however i managed to get 1 but not to hear other shots tells me people were not out . even after closing time you never heard discharge shots
Old 01-28-2018, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

bocajnala how did you do @ mosquito special draw? was in the 50's that day & wet & raining & very damp
Old 01-28-2018, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

I saw four. Nothing that gave me a shot opportunity. My partner saw three, but they stayed in the thick stuff.

Talking to guys after the hunt it really just depended where you were.

I talked to several who saw none. A few who saw a couple like myself.
One guy saw a group of 13 and a group of 9.
One guy had seen 27 already when I talked to him at lunch time.
One guy said he saw 70
and one guy said he saw at least a hundred.

There was definitely allot of deer sign out there. It was pretty thick and pretty flooded where I was hunting. Hunted near an eagles nest for a while and enjoyed watching them.

For the day they only had 5 deer checked in when I left in the evening. They expected a few more to be brought in that had been shot right at dark.
Not a very good day for them. The hunt the week prior they had 27 I believe.

I had a good time though.

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.