Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio gun weeks starts 11/27/17who's ready >

ohio gun weeks starts 11/27/17who's ready

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio gun weeks starts 11/27/17who's ready

Old 12-11-2017, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

It's the last hunt they have... I think it's the 26th maybe.....

I'm planning on cold, nasty weather. Packing a complete change of clothes and boots, in case I get soaked. I've tried "scouting" by looking at maps and satellite. But, the area is so big that I gave up. Will have to wait for that day to figure out what area I'm assigned.

Did your friend have any luck?

-Jake
Old 12-12-2017, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

you should be able to obtain a map for here . by either calling ohio dnr or looking @ a map on line for public hunting grounds. i also believe you are aloud to visit but can't hunt in the refuge. you can hunt any where else that the map shows . it is a public hunting area.good luck
Old 12-12-2017, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

sorry bocajnala the refuge is actually a NO TRESPASSING area
Old 12-12-2017, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Ya I called to ask if I could get in there to scout this fall and they told me I wouldn't be allowed in until the day of the hunt, but that they would "point me in the right direction"

-Jake
Old 12-13-2017, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

he shot a 12 point buck that scored 160 but was unable to put in the bbc due to it is a controlled hunt .they claim it's not fair chase. i never heard of that here. but @ ravennia & plum brook they won't score it either due to the hi fence rule. but good luck there.getting things ready for sat & sun extended gun season .sat is 35 & sun is 40 & a chance of rain. my favorite season is still muzzleloader season jan6 thru jan 9 2018
Old 12-16-2017, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

today was opening day for extended gun season was about 22 deg out . hardly heard anything & did not see anythinguntil 10;45 was warming up & got deer moving @ 11 am took a long shot @ a doe with the ruger 450 bushmaster! 2 shots & she was drt first shot went over her . overcompasated! 2nd shot she dropped like a ton of bricks. drt now i'm done in lorain county. will wait till muzzy season kicks in on jan 6 thru the 9. will hunt geauga or trumbull or possibly ashtabula having a great season with the 450 bushmaster
Old 12-18-2017, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

No fences at Mosquito... But I don't care about the book anyway. I'll likely shoot the first legal deer I see.... Like normal, lol.

I shot a nice doe on Sunday afternoon with the .45-70. Got her hanging in the garage now.

-Jake
Old 12-18-2017, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

nice doe bocajnala. & congrats. yeah no fences @ there . but i believe cause it's a controlled hunt.still it's a hunt & would do the same. never did care fried antlers.