Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Early November Hunt, Worth It? >

Early November Hunt, Worth It?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Early November Hunt, Worth It?

Old 11-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I went on my early November hunt and it was extremely unproductive. I will not say it was a waste of time because I still had a good time in beautiful terrain. Crops were being cut and deer should have been moving but the crazy full moon had the deer moving only at night. Not again, will not book a hunt first week of November with a full moon.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:12 AM
Spike

We were out in SE Minnesota on the first weekend....full moon....standing corn....and we went two tens and a doe to tag out the first two days. Saw lots of other deer too. We sat on stands all day both days and saw our deer during the middle of the day and right before dark both days.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, heard from some other hunters that had friends hunting in Iowa and Kansas that the deer were rutting pretty good just not where I was in NW Missouri. Not sure what was going on. Hunting 6 hard days in a stand and seeing minimal deer movement is tough. Still enjoyed being where I was and the experience I had.