Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
U.P. Michigan Hunt Cabin for rent >

U.P. Michigan Hunt Cabin for rent

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

U.P. Michigan Hunt Cabin for rent

Old 07-24-2017, 11:46 AM
Spike

duplicate
duplicate

Last edited by kurtlind1; 07-25-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Not sure if no cell service is really a perk. You may want to think about a booster. That is what I did at my camp.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Berserker
Not sure if no cell service is really a perk. You may want to think about a booster. That is what I did at my camp.
The place is designed for people that want to get away from it all and cell service is essentially nonexistent to better their enjoyment! Why then would he want to go to the expense of trying to put in a booster if people want to get away from every day life and phones, etc. and are looking for that kind of place?!
Old 07-25-2017, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, some times NO phone service, or phone at all, can make for a more enjoyable get away!, leave things behind like!

But maybe for safety sake, in case of an emergency? having the ability to use if needed ain't a bad thing to have either, after all accidents can happen any time or place!

MAN I think a lot of us need hunting season to get here sooner than later based on how some treads go any more??

too much time on our hands ain't making us all the most social able maybe we can be here??

anyone really not wanting a phone can just shut there off no? and not use it too!, don't have to NOT have service to go no phone!
Old 07-25-2017, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Berserker must not know what off the grid means! I wonder how the grouse hunting is there. Looks like a nice place and the price is not bad either.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

I think you will find most people at least want to get a phone call out or text. They can live without 4g.

Or at least tell them what hill to go to, if they brake a leg.

I don't think most want comeplwly off grid, even though they say that they do.

Atlast be able to go outside for limited reception.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Funny I have owned my Michigan UP Deer camp as I call it since 1991. I would think in all that time I would have found the remains of hundreds of hunters who died in the woods as a result of no cell phone service back thru time before the things were invented and broke a leg. Guess reason why is back then they didn't have their eyes and mind glues to the phone like they do today.

Not to mention all the Indians who hunted the area before the white man.

Old timer My place is great partridge hunting and if you like to eat them wood cock too.

Al
Old 07-26-2017, 03:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Yooper. While woodcock are fun to hunt, I don't hunt them because I don't lie to eat them, but I love hunting grouse. My Llewellyn setter in my Avatar is from the UP, Laurel Mt Kennel.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 07-26-2017 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:00 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Thanks Yooper. While woodcock are fun to hunt, I don't hunt them because I don't lie to eat them, but I love hunting grouse. My Llewellyn setter in my Avatar is from the UP, Laurel Mt Kennel.
Got one of theirs. Great dog.
Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Funny I have owned my Michigan UP Deer camp as I call it since 1991. I would think in all that time I would have found the remains of hundreds of hunters who died in the woods as a result of no cell phone service back thru time before the things were invented and broke a leg. Guess reason why is back then they didn't have their eyes and mind glues to the phone like they do today.

Not to mention all the Indians who hunted the area before the white man.

Old timer My place is great partridge hunting and if you like to eat them wood cock too.

Al
I agree and don't. Yes we hunted without cells or GPS. But doesn't mean new tools don't help. We didn't have peniciln at one time, or electric start cars.

I am just pointing out that, I think most people are not as ready to go off grid as you think. Sure peope talk big, how they hate being called. Not they can't turn it off, but they don't.

I think enough reception from a booster to get a call out or a text, is more of a celling point.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Old timer I don't care for Wood Cock either. Tasted like chicken liver to me and I don't care for them either. I think it has to do with the earth worms and crawler diet.

My stormy is now a year old and I hope to have her working this fall. Smart girl, came from a breeder in Holly Michigan.
OH and she is a Ryman style English setter.

I tend to like the canines better than people too.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.