Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
New frustrated hunter in IL >

New frustrated hunter in IL

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

New frustrated hunter in IL

Old 10-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
Call or go to your dnr and talk to a biologist they should be able to help you with finding some places.
I'm talking more I've never placed a stand or set one up. Stuff like that that I wouldn't know unless I've actually done it before lol.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Joe5688
I'm talking more I've never placed a stand or set one up. Stuff like that that I wouldn't know unless I've actually done it before lol.
I PM'd you.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:57 AM
Spike

bump it up
Old 12-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Spike

went out for the first time by myself for archery season. Made a bunch of rookie mistakes that hopefully i wont do again lol. The biggest thing i learned from that day is Ladder stands are not ment to be portable haha. Kicked my ass trying to carry that to the tree.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Joe5688
went out for the first time by myself for archery season. Made a bunch of rookie mistakes that hopefully i wont do again lol. The biggest thing i learned from that day is Ladder stands are not ment to be portable haha. Kicked my ass trying to carry that to the tree.
lol fyi i don't care how much experience you have you will continue to screw up although it will get better the stupid in us never goes away it's something i can't explain you tend to fall apart at times and others rock solid got it together !! lol
Old 12-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Borrow one from your family
Old 12-04-2016, 06:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
lol fyi i don't care how much experience you have you will continue to screw up although it will get better the stupid in us never goes away it's something i can't explain you tend to fall apart at times and others rock solid got it together !! lol
Haha deff going to look into buying a climber or find public land that allows ladder stands to stay set up. Didn't realize how long it would take to walk out to the spot and get all set up. Also I'll try not to forget to tie my hoist rope to the stand before I put it in place lol. Came to find out that my harness tree strap wasn't long enough to go around the tree after I got up the tree haha. It was a rough mOrning