Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 OHIO-update anyone?? >

OHIO-update anyone??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

OHIO-update anyone??

Old 10-16-2003, 07:11 PM

Default OHIO-update anyone??

Hey fellow Ohio hunters!!! Just wanted 2 check on everyones season so far...as for myself-last weekend i got busted by 4 doe. And thats pretty much it!! I' m hunting in geauga county right down the street from ladue reservoir. Thats the only time i' ve been out...hopefully this weekend!! Good Luck!!
Old 10-16-2003, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OHIO-update anyone??

I hunt in SE. OH. and was rained out on opening morning, it turned into a beautiful afternoon and I decided to hunt the same tree that I harvested my buck out of last year on Nov-2nd but didnt see a deer. I decided to hunt the same tree the next morning and as soon as it got light out I was surrounded by turkeys, at 7:30AM I had a 1.5 year old 6-pt walk directly under my stand, at 9:15 Am I harvested a nice 9-pt at 3 yards and he walked 15 yards after the shot before falling. I have hunted that tree a total of 6 mornings or eve' s and have harvested 2 bucks and passed up 5 others. Here is a pic. Good Luck, Pike.
http://members.fishingworks.com/Huntingpa/viewPhoto.cfm?photo_id=71583&username=Huntingpa&us er_id=43547

Old 10-17-2003, 06:03 AM
Spike

Been out a 8 times and have only had shots at does and little bucks...I' m trying to remain patient and stay out of my best stands till Nov. but its getting hard...The bucks are doing a fair amount of rubbing and scraping but I think alot of the big bucks are moving after dark...Have heard of some big ones getting taken though...Good luck everyone...
Old 10-20-2003, 11:37 AM

I hunt in Clark county and have been out twice due to work. I got busted by two does that slipped in behind me when drawing on another doe in front of me. That sucked lol. Other than that I' m hoping to get more time to go soon and real soon. Good luck to you all.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Spike

I have only been out one time. Hope to get out when the rain lets up. If I can get out of work. I work for myself so I see very little trouble as long as the livestock let me. To wet to pik corn & cut brush & trees. At least for a couple days.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I posted this on the bowhunting forum last week. I got him Oct the 18th at 9:22 AM in Trumbull county.

Old 10-26-2003, 07:00 PM

Nice! Neat looking buck.

Saw 6 turkeys and no deer in Belmont this evening. Lots of sign though.

Good luck to all
Old 10-27-2003, 05:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-27-2003, 01:04 PM

I hunt in Hocking County near Laurelville. Last Friday night (10/24), I watched a nice 8 pointer follow a doe across a ridge. On Sat. Morning, I had 2 does around my stand for about 15 minutes. They took turns rubbing their foreheads and faces on an overhanging branch over a scrape. They both began getting a little antsy and looked back into the woods in the direction that they had come from. Soon I caught sight of a deer body sneaking along the trail the does had used. I caught the glint of an antler but couldn' t really see how big he was. He worked a scrape and thrashed a couple saplings. Suddenly he moved closer to the does. I could see then that he was a brute. He grunted at the does and paused in one of my shooting lanes. I took the shot with my Lightning Strike crossbow. He never knew what hit him and he only traveled 40 yards before falling. I figure that he will probably gross in the 130-140 range (11 pointer). According to the chest girth chart that I have, his live weight is estimated to have been 250 lbs (chest girth 44" ). Man what a buck!! It seems like the rut is kicking in early this year. I found lots of scrapes and saw 2 nice bucks already with does. I' ll try to post a picture as soon as I soon as I can get the film developed.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:48 PM

I finally got the picture back!!

Quick Reply: OHIO-update anyone??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.