HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   New Hunting Club in Will County Illinois (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/394283-new-hunting-club-will-county-illinois.html)

Statts 09-13-2014 03:34 PM

New Hunting Club in Will County Illinois

Opening soon in Southern Will County! Exclusive private hunting and fishing club on 250 acres of private land. We have over 80 acres of spring fed lakes, lots of woodlands, as well as perfect farmland for goose hunting. The land is full of deer, turkey, ducks, geese, and more! Oh, and did we mention the stocked lakes for year round fishing?
We will be building a hunting lodge with sleeping rooms, showers, rec-room, and a great room with fire place.
We will also have an indoor archery range! As well as a skeet range on site.
Now here is what we don't know. We have not decided what the annual membership will be. We will cap the membership to perhaps 25 to 50 members.
Right now we are in the planning stages, and we are getting input. What would people be willing to pay for 24/7 year round use of private land, we are not sure yet. We are trying to save this land from development or Forest Preserve.

uncle matt 09-14-2014 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Statts (Post 4159093)
Opening soon in Southern Will County! Exclusive private hunting and fishing club on 250 acres of private land. We have over 80 acres of spring fed lakes, lots of woodlands, as well as perfect farmland for goose hunting. The land is full of deer, turkey, ducks, geese, and more! Oh, and did we mention the stocked lakes for year round fishing?
We will be building a hunting lodge with sleeping rooms, showers, rec-room, and a great room with fire place.
We will also have an indoor archery range! As well as a skeet range on site.
Now here is what we don't know. We have not decided what the annual membership will be. We will cap the membership to perhaps 25 to 50 members.
Right now we are in the planning stages, and we are getting input. What would people be willing to pay for 24/7 year round use of private land, we are not sure yet. We are trying to save this land from development or Forest Preserve.

So let me see if I have this straight.

You are in the planning stages but you have to have some idea of the cost to purchase/taxes the land or lease/control it, construction costs, upkeep costs, etc..

It will be VERY, VERY EXCLUSIVE if you are seriously thinking only 25 - 50 members. I think maybe something could be worked out like a country club membership where purchasing a membership would be a set cost and there would be annual dues from there on.

But I certainly wish you the best. When things get moving along I look forward to learning more because I live in Will county.

MUZZY 100 09-14-2014 12:36 PM

I was a member of a club for many years with only 50 members and almost 1k acres 1 hour west of Naperville. If you can get this up and working I know that myself and at least 4 friend would be in on the deal? I live in Oswego.I will try and shoot you shoot a private message with my contact info and what I would pay.. thanks..

MUZZY 100 09-14-2014 12:57 PM

Pm sent.........

Statts 09-14-2014 01:10 PM

Yeah Matt, the land is beautiful, but I don't think it can handle too many people, it's not that big. I like the idea of an up front cost, then annual dues,....

LLBUX 09-22-2014 10:50 AM

Hunting club

With all due respect, the quality of hunting on a 250 acre parcel will diminish rapidly after just 10 hunters tramp through the woods.

I know they would not all be hunting at once, but with 25-50 members and their "guests", it would be chaos and safety would be a big issue.

I don't think it fair to call it a hunting club.

Likewise, the fishing would quickly go downhill too.

Perhaps a "Sportsman's Club" targeting the shooters, both target and shotgun, along with 3D archery. Bike paths, 4 wheeler trails, a small petting zoo or horseback rides can be held. A campfire at night draws in crowds and keeps them happy.

You could schedule fishing trips to other larger bodies of water nearby, winery tours, comedy nights, BBQ cook offs, nativity scenes.

Many opportunities out there to draw in members, but I would not call it a hunting club.

Best of luck-