Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
public land in southern wisconsin >

public land in southern wisconsin

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

public land in southern wisconsin

Old 06-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by nodeerkiller37
Bukmaster can u explain the mfl and how it works
MFL (Managed Forest Law) is a tax break they give private land owners to allow public to hunt there land as if it were public property. They don't have signs up saying that its public, you have to research it to find out... Recently our Governor has mandated the the WDNR must have all these properties listed on there website, and I believe that is a done deal now and you can view them on there site... I like the book cause I am old school, but you can find the info without spending a penny if you do the research.
The good thing about the website verses the atlas is that the atlas can have expired info.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Spike

You might grab a Gazeteer of WI and check out the Wisconsin DNR hunting land maps for some places. Don't rule out public fishing areas and Waterfowl Production Areas as great places to hunt in southern Wisconsin as well. There is lots of good hunting land in Southern Wisconsin with some real trophy bucks roaming around the shotgun only areas as well.