Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Bobcat's In Illinois - Revised >

Bobcat's In Illinois - Revised

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Bobcat's In Illinois - Revised

Old 03-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bobcat's In Illinois - Revised

I just found out that Illinois is opening a season for bobcats. I have never even seen one. Has anyone else seen any and what counties.
The season should be open this year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Well! Has anyone ever seen one.

Last edited by jrfrmn; 04-01-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

I have never seen one around here. I've seen trail camera pictures from the southern part of the state of bobcats coming in to watering holes. I lived in northern Wisconsin for about 20 years, and I know they were around up there, but I only ever saw one. They are pretty reclusive.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Spike

they are all over down hear in massac, pope county we see them all the time
Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Closest place I've seen them is Southeast Iowa. I've hunted public in most all parts of Illinois and not seen one yet.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its funny, I hunt in Central Illinois in some hills and ridges and never seen one or even had one on camera. When I hunt Saline and Williamson County I see them everywhere. I had two cameras up for three days and had 6 different ones on them plus I saw two from my stand. If I get to hunt down there again and the season is open during the deer season I will pick up a tag. I think that would make a really neat mount.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt Randolph county and have seen them there.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen them in Williamson several times myself.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got close to 50 game cam pics of them this year. I hunt Clay, Wayne, Marion, Jefferson. Been seeing them for about 8 years!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Spike

I have heard a couple years ago, untill this last deer season never seen one. Last November seen one in the woods during an archery hunt then got one on the trail cam a while after that. It was in Hancock county. From what I gathered the season starts in November, what have you guys heard?
Old 06-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

My understanding is the bill made it out of the Illinois house, but never made it out of committee in the Senate. The current session is now over, so this fall would be the earliest it could be considered again. Good old Illinois politics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.