Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Spring Turkey Help >

Spring Turkey Help

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Spring Turkey Help

Old 02-18-2014, 07:04 AM
Spike

Default Spring Turkey Help

​I realize I am late to the game on this one with only the Random Daily Draws left for Turkey Permits, but can anyone provide some information on the permit’s for the larger public land area’s in southern IL, specifically Shawnee NF? It seems that some permits are not site specific down there. So do I just need a county permit? Also, is there any format or structure on how hunters get out during each season/day? If I have a county permit, am I guaranteed to get out?

I appreciate any and all help!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:22 AM
Spike

Yes you just need a county permit to hunt at Shawnee, I am hunting for the first time down there, so I contacted them and they said that there are no special permits required for Shawnee.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Spike

I have hunted there for many years it is a county permit system. Also a visit to the ranger station at Harrisburg will pay dividends in getting direction and locations to hunt. The people there are helpful and can give you some good info on where to go. Good luck.