HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Top Il. DNR official resigns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/389641-top-il-dnr-official-resigns.html)

lifesadrag 02-11-2014 12:19 PM

Top Il. DNR official resigns

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/24...ixzz2slfqZmuY:

uncle matt 02-11-2014 05:37 PM

I personally have no doubts that this guy is another worthless hack put into a position for some kind of political motivation. He certainly wasn't interested in contributing to the goals of the IDNR as much as his own goals like being a bottom of the field tournament angler.

He was also one of three IDNR officials who were investigated last year for what was viewed as excessive fuel reimbursements for using their personal vehicles for "supposed" IDNR business. Personal vehicle use and fuel reimbursements are strongly frowned upon by IDNR but exceptions were made "by the department" for three specific clowns. I wonder why exceptions were made and just exactly who is "the department"? Someone had to sign something because "the department" is made up of people.

Now to the real good parts.

1. He missed so dang many days someone with the IDNR had to know what was going on. I'll bet if you investigate enough you will find some other IDNR member present at a tournament he was fishing when he was "sick". There has to be a real arrogance by both this idiot and the people above/around him in the IDNR to think he could go around in these tournaments and not have his name or possibly picture posted.

2. If he was sick so often how he he be using so much fuel>

3. And if there is a competent investigation it will go right to the receipts he turned in for fuel reimbursements. If he turned in receipts for fuel going to tournaments or for fuel for his boat - uh oh. I would say theft charges could stem from that and should given the financial state of the IDNR.

uncle matt 02-11-2014 05:41 PM

If it is found that he was getting reimbursed for fuel used for his personal use like his truck to haul his boat to tournaments and/or fuel for the boat I think he should not only face some sort of theft charges but to set an example to others seeking to join the Illinois corruption ranks......confiscated the truck and boat as they were used in the commission of the crime.

Murdy 02-12-2014 04:11 AM

I doubt prosecutors could get to the boat or the truck, they weren't used in the crime per se, like a get-away vehicle (if he called in sick and stayed home, could you confiscate his house?). But, since this is misconduct in office, prosecutors probably could get to a pension if he's eligible for one.

stratomaster18 02-12-2014 06:21 AM

Any word on who could possibly replace him, and what this could mean for the management of IDNR for the future?

uncle matt 02-12-2014 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Murdy (Post 4122147)
I doubt prosecutors could get to the boat or the truck, they weren't used in the crime per se, like a get-away vehicle (if he called in sick and stayed home, could you confiscate his house?). But, since this is misconduct in office, prosecutors probably could get to a pension if he's eligible for one.

Knowing how things are in Illinois his pension is probably protected like Fort Knox.

If he was putting fuel into his vehicles and getting reimbursed for it fraudulently - well fraudulently pretty much sez it all.

I say bury this guy as deep as possible. Illinois needs some examples set for these shysters!

Now if we can just find some investigators and people in the State's Attorneys off ice with some nutz............

Don K 02-16-2014 05:45 AM

New twist on the news this morning on this. Apparently he had a doctors note to get away from work and go "fishing" due to stress and mental health problems. He says he was taking a family medical leave and his work knew it.

But the state is saying sure you could have went "fishing" but when you enter tournaments for money you broke the rules so your gone.

Illinois Politics never cease to amaze me.

uncle matt 02-16-2014 10:06 AM

I need to start seeing that doctor! I am under tremendous stress stemming from my employment so of course it is job related and should fall under workmen's comp. Hopefully the doctor will prescribe something like....

1. Sex (daily or as needed to relieve stress).
2. Hunting.
3. Fishing.
4. Camping.
5. Gambling (once a week).

stratomaster18 02-16-2014 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by uncle matt (Post 4123000)
I need to start seeing that doctor! I am under tremendous stress stemming from my employment so of course it is job related and should fall under workmen's comp. Hopefully the doctor will prescribe something like....

2. Hunting.
3. Fishing.
4. Camping.

I like this prescription, but only if the money to be used for gambling is complimentary. :party0005:

Zim 02-17-2014 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by uncle matt (Post 4123000)

2. Hunting.
3. Fishing.
4. Camping.

Hey sign me up too! :party: