Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Need help

Old 01-23-2013, 04:01 AM
Spike

Default Need help

I need some imput from you guys or gals.....a friend and I are looking at heading to the midwest to hunt some whitetails this coming fall. We are sort of on a budget. I have been looking at some properties to pay a tresspass fee to hunt. But we may have to fork out more money than what we want to go with an outfitter. What are some of ya'lls ideas on where to go or who to contact....What are some of ya'lls history with outfitters etc. (we all know that the hunting shows make it look like every guided hunt is productive)......Any help will be appreciated.......
Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

It all depends on the money.... Here in MN, private land is hard to get in on in my area because everyone has family hunting. There are a few outfitters in SE MN along the Mississippi river and a few in the North woods. As you said though outfitters are $$$.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Are you looking at one week or multipul times to hunt? A lease might be the best bet if you would come more than one time.Out of state tags are not cheap !!If your looking at one week i would go with a outfitter, there are guys that do semi guided hunts cheaper than your 1 on 1 deal. What state you looking at ?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Spike

I'm looking at a week or so hunt. I cant get that much time off in the fall to hunt. That time of year i'm too busy to go on multiple out of state hunts.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Spike

I have been looking a Kansas mainly. But open to anything i could find. I have been talking to a gamewarden in central kansas and he has given me some areas to look at. But I'm not closed to other options....
Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure if you got the PM I sent you, but if you'll get back to me we can talk more.