Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Peak strikes again! Pic of buck >

Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Old 09-16-2003, 11:59 PM
Banned

Default Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Well I got me a 8 pointer on 09/15/03@06:50 P.M. My brother at 05:15ish shot at a 8 pointer and it took off. He walked over to my stand and stated he had shot one so I said at 6:00 we will track it. At 06:00ish we walked about 40 Yrds from where the shot accord. (Swamp area) and jumped the buck and decided to layoff until morning. It looked like it was gut shot by the way it ran. So we decided to hunt his stand since its 2 stands in one tree. He brought his video camera with.
We got up in the stand and after about 25 minutes right in front of me a buck come out from the oak hill. He stood around facing me eating some browse then all of a sudden his head lifted up and started inhaling the air. I knew right then he was gonna turn and head from where he came from. He smelled us a tad. I decided as soon as he turned im shooting. Sure enough he turned to the left and i pulled back and fired and wasnt sure if it was hit being only about 10 yards away but the light was fading. My brother got it all on video and after replaying it we seen that it was a hit. We got down and walked over but did not see the arrow.
After about 5 yards into the woods we seen good red blood. By this time we got the flash lights out walked about 35 yards to the northeast and sure enough there he was. By the time we did our duties and got him to the truck it was about 09:00 pm. We called my brothers friend and told him about my buck and my brothers buck. We decided since it took so long with my buck were not gonna wait till morning and go track his. About 10:00 ish we took off to track and followed up from where we jumped it. We went about 45 yards and found him. We were all just in aw that 2 bucks from one stand within about hour 1/2 and one caught on video. I will never ever forget this. Thanks For reading this story of mine.
I also would like to THANKS cardeer because this is the 2nd year wearing that
necklace of his and in 3 days of hunting going back to last year 2 bucks. Before that no bucks in 8 years of hunting Wisconsin so Thank You cardeer for the luck.

Peak *Im the one on the left* Also posted in bowhuting forum.

Live and learn

Old 09-17-2003, 05:44 AM

Default RE: Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Very nice Bucks my friend!!! Hopefully some of your luck will come my way...heading up to the cabin (Rhinelander) this morning for the rest of the week...Bowhunting and Grouse hunting.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:35 AM

congrats...those are two nice bucks...and out of the same stand!!
Old 09-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

It' s not fair! Everyone else is already killing deer and we' re not even allowed to hunt yet in IL!

Congrats on the deer though. Very cool.

Old 09-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on such an early kill....can you guys still hunt for bucks or are you done?

Way to go..

Bob
Old 09-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your bucks.
Dan
Old 09-18-2003, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, Sounded like a wonderful hunt for you guys
Old 09-18-2003, 08:20 AM
Banned

Broadhead88

Were pretty much done where we harvested these 2 bucks. But if we hunt the CWD or the outer counties for intense harvest we can once we shoot a buck.
So in short I will be hunting portage, Wi at my grandmothers and might get another chance.

Peak

Live and Learn
Old 09-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Banned

OOPS once we shoot a doe we can harvest a buck. For each doe you get a buck.

Peak

Live and Learn
Old 09-18-2003, 01:45 PM

what a great day of hunting! congrats!

Quick Reply: Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.