Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Peak strikes again! Pic of buck >

Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Old 10-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Spike

Default RE: Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

I hunt wisconsin,GUN hunting for 18 years now and for 11 years of the 18 i sat and sat and sat all day never came out of the woods (public land)and never even seen a deer some years ,and when i did they were flying threw the woods,luck to see if it was a buck or a doe,never even getting a shot off.and the last couple year,i got luck and found a hot spot and i see one buck each time from saturday openinn day to wednsday,and i shoot it ,,and after that i still sit in the woods becaus ei love to hunt and i yet to see another buck come by me ,,so your telling me to let them walk by and contiue to spend 5 days in the woods and keep comeing home with nothing,not going to happen ,this year i shot at a little one and missed ,and guess what the little buck went over the ridge and another guy shot him,hmmmmmmm,,yes now that made that guys hunting trip for the year ,and i' m very happy for him ,and the rest of the hunting season i didn' t see a single deer,and i' m supose to let them walk by,,not going to happen,,yes if i had my own land sure i would do game mang, but i don' t have that ,and if you gun hunt on public land in wisconsin you all know they are far and few between ,,THANK
Old 10-06-2003, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Handles apology accepted, I am sorry also, I came on very strong also. I have no problem with someone expressing thier beleifs of what they feel are the proper deer to be harvested, I have hunted for over 40 years, but have only been bow hunting for 4 seasons, I have yet to kill my first buck with a bow and I will be honest and say that as long as it is not a button buck I will hit the release on the first buck that comes my way with a bow, with a gun that is a different story, mature bucks and doe only, I will admit screwing up with gun a few years back and killing a dink 4 point I was convinced was a doe due to the low hanging branches he was walking through.

What upset me with you was this thread was one of celebration, you were raining on the mans parade, I do not care who it is or what they killed, if they are proud of what they killed (unless it is a fawn or a button they knew was a button) I will congradulate them, otherwise I keep my mouth shut.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

good lookin deer, congrats
Old 10-27-2003, 04:59 AM
Banned

WOW I made the front page of website for story of the week. They sent me
2 pretty cool hats and some stickers. A big THANK YOU!

Peak

Live and Learn
Old 11-12-2003, 05:57 PM

good job guys two bucks out of the same stand that it awsome!!!!!!!!!!way to go