Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Peak strikes again! Pic of buck >

Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Old 09-19-2003, 03:57 PM
nub

Default RE: Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Congrats on the bucks Peak. Welcome to Earn-A-Buck.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:49 AM
Spike

Congrats on the two bucks guys.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:46 PM

congrats, two very nice bucks there, hopefully ill be that lucky here in a month
Old 10-01-2003, 12:12 AM
Banned

Always someone has to try and ruin someone else' s harvest. You hunt how you hunt and I will hunt how I want to. As stated last year was the first time I got a buck. And no I am not in a CWD zone either. From now on don' t bother with my posts.

Peak

Live and Learn
Old 10-03-2003, 06:06 AM
Spike

P.S I hUNTED LAST NIGHT AND SEEN 30 DEER AND LET 6 WALK BY,(ILLINOIS)$26.00,,ONLY,,I WILL SHOOT A MONSTER
Old 10-03-2003, 06:47 AM

ok well to say it i would be happy with them bucks they have gotten i live in michigan and i hunt in the U.P. and yes i have taken many does i also have takein small bucks and the reason for that is becauze i dont have it like most of you ppl i have to find a spot and hunt it i cant have stands up or anything like that and no i wont take a small buck in the first week but you better beleave in the second week i will and the reason for that is i like to hunt and if you think that makes ppl like me who shot small bucks not hunters well your wrong cauze what huntin is about is meat and being out in the out doors and enjoyin your self see here in michigan you cant always take a doe so you have to make do and if it is a small buck well that works for me
Old 10-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on two nice bucks!

And for the bashing that was going in within this thread by several members( You all know who you are) those posts have been removed.
Bashing/Flaming, or Attacking other members successes, or methods of hunting as long as they are being legal and ethical is not going to be tolerated on the board! You may want to re-read the posting rules.

When we start bashing other hunters for their legal kills, all that does is give the Anti' s more of an edge, and more fuel for their fires. IMHO That is not a good thing!

Old 10-03-2003, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see my posts have been removed. Very possibly for good reason as I did get a bit overzealous and personal. No more personal than Tazman or Ruttinbuck, but that is neither here nor there. I appologise to all of the readers that found my posts offensive. I do feel that I did make some very valid points which some of you may agree with, some may not.
For Tazman, I have a 165 net 11 pointer on my wall taken on public land of which I am very proud of. I may not ever see another buck like it, but I will continue to try to find his equal or superior. I can only hope to do that if I have several bucks in my area that reach the full age of maturity. I can not expect to harvest a large buck if I shoot small ones. I do however have in my mind a very clear picture of the difference between a shooter and a young buck. That picture varies in each of our minds, as it varies slightly within my own hunting party.Some years that means not getting a buck which is ok as long as I am enjoying being outdoors, watching the animals in all of their natural splendor. However, I also can not expect (nor can anyone else) the CWD in my area to just go away without thinning out the number of does. Eating venison is one of my favorite meals. If I just need meat in the freezer in my area it is a much more sound decision environmentaly to shoot one of the many doe in the area rather than a 1 1/2 year old buck. Again, sorry to ruffle feathers. My opinions have been voiced and heard by several of you, which after all is what every internet forum is about. Whether it is asking what bow is best or where to hunt, it is all fueled by our opinions. I took my opinions and added in some personal jabs which was very foolish of me.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Banned

Handles-

Yes you did make you' re points. But I posted this to celebrate a Harvest
plain and simple. I have nothing against you with the exception that you
attempted to ruined a very Satisfying Day. My brother got a bit excited with
you also but hey he was POD also. Yes it was my 2nd bow harvest and
yes it was bigger. Sometime in the future I will try for bigger bucks. When?
Who knows that is up to me. Yes I also have taken does. Please cheer up
pal, any harvest aslong as its ethical is fine. To each his own.

Peak

Live and Learn
Final word on this!

Quick Reply: Peak strikes again! Pic of buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.