Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
How was your WI deer hunt? >

How was your WI deer hunt?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

How was your WI deer hunt?

Old 11-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default How was your WI deer hunt?

Well we saw alot more deer even with less than ideal conditions here in N/W WI. I know it varries greatly as to where you hunt, so I was just wondering how others did. We took some yearlings this year as the antler less seems to out number the bucks. We took seven antlerless and one nice Buck with eight hunters in our group, as there were alot of antlerless on trail cams and our scouting. I personally saw thirteen Does and two bucks in five days of hunting. Meat in the freezer!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

We saw a few more than in the last 5-6 years. I saw 2 small bucks and about 20 does. Nephew shot his 1st deer, a small 7 pointer. No other deer were taken by the 6 of us on the 430 acres we hunt in LaCrosse cty. Neighbors shot a few, but less than normal.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Spike

I hunted seven of the nine day season seeing 10 deer the first two days and then on Wednesday when it hit 50 to 60 degree the deer movement was at night. Friday things picked up when a cold front moved in. I shot a 150 inch 12 pointer that evening. All in all it was a good season.

I was hunting Spring Green area.

Last edited by remdog64; 11-28-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added hunting area
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

We had a pretty lousy season hunting in northern Langlade county. 10 guys in camp and we only shot 2 yearling bucks. I personally hunted 6 out of 10 days and only saw 2 deer, both about 10 minutes after shooting hours. About half the guys in our camp didn't even see a deer. Buck pot at work was won by a fork, the only deer shot out of 10 or 12 people in the pool. Glad I got a couple does with my bow earlier this year.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

I sat from 10/11 thru 11/11, everyday ,all day with the exception fo an hour er so for lunch and I ended up with the coolest Maple Tree Bark engraving on my back that one could ever get! Super slow, think I was to late (?) , not sure but I seen no signs of chasing etc, that the rut would normally show. I had seen some nice new scrapes and rubs within the first 3 days so I thought, "here we go" but it amounted to nothing. Had Doe with the young uns, untypical for rut, the whole time, so it was like I never had rut happen. Any thoughts on when we may see the next rut? I would almost think it would be pretty quick judging on what my bid's seen and killed in a 50mile radius.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by remdog64
I hunted seven of the nine day season seeing 10 deer the first two days and then on Wednesday we hit 50 to 60 degree days the deer movement was at night. Friday things picked up with a cold front coming in I shot a 150 inch 12 pointer. All in all it saw a good season.

I was hunting Spring Green area.
Congrats on the 12 point! Any pics?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Spike

Here's a before and after picture of the 12 pointer I shot near Spring Green.
Attached Thumbnails How was your WI deer hunt?-12-pointer.jpg   How was your WI deer hunt?-pict0025.jpg  

Last edited by remdog64; 11-28-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

I heard that the northern part of the state had low numbers. We had a lul when it was warm for a few days but the deer moved better when it got cooler. Overall it wasn't the best year temp wise as alot of deer spoiled because hunters let them hang instead of getting them in for processing. Processors also refused alot of deer that were spoiled. WHAT A SHAME!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by remdog64
Here's a before and after picture of the 12 pointer I shot near Spring Green.
That is a dandy, sir!
Congrats!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Spike

I hunted 7 of the 9 days and only saw 13 deer on our family farm. Out of frustration I shot an 8 pointer that was barely outside the ears. I am not convinced that the deer population is as high as they saw it is. The last two years have been the worst of my 16seasons as far as seeing deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.