Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Central Illinois Cougar pic authenticated >

Central Illinois Cougar pic authenticated

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Central Illinois Cougar pic authenticated

Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Central Illinois Cougar pic authenticated

Not really new news, but still interesting.

Illinois Department of Natural Resources finally authenticates a cougar siting. It made front page news.

Here's link to the State Journal Register...

http://extras.sj-r.com/frontpages/103012Page1.pdf
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the story in the Chicago Tribune today. Pretty neat to see. I know there are more out there, people just don't want to bring it out that they have seen a Mountain Lion where they hunt. After considering one of my urban spots and people wanting to know where it was taken, I've decided my mountain lion trail cam pic will stay between a few people by where it was taken.

I think there are more mountain Lions in Illinois than people believe.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

There could be 20 of them within 100 yards of you, and if they don't want to be seen, they won't be. Ever make ya think about how many were sitting in a tree that you passed under, and were licking their lips wondering what you would taste like? Lots of them here, but you hardly ever see them.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have had them for a number of years in southeast MO. My wife and I saw one cross the road in front of us a few months ago. We also had a farmer take a picture of one a year or so ago. He claims that he has found young deer that it had killed. I feel better if I have a firearm handy if I am in the woods.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:49 AM
Spike

My brother just saw one near his tree stand, while buzzing around on his UTV, last week, about 8:30PM, in Bond County. Yikes! Makes you a little more aware when walking to your stand in the dark!