Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
IL random daily drawing help >

IL random daily drawing help

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL random daily drawing help

Old 08-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default IL random daily drawing help

Can anyone explain how this work's to me? I have always applied early for deer permit's and now my schedule has opened up where I can hunt first season now.

Anyway, I applied last night for Pope county 1st season firearm permit, but the website seemed a little vague to me at least in explaning how it all worked. So my question is do I just apply just once for the duration of the lottery or everyday? And how do you find find out if you got the permit? Nothing, at least not today showed up on the deer permit inquiry page, nor have I recieved any emails.

I have been all over that website and if the info is there I sure missed it. Thank's Jeff
Old 08-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Spike

you may have to wait a day or two for it to show up in inquirey system.they had a ton permits left over,so im sure you got it.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the reply rab. Thats good to hear that there were alot of permits. Im just a little anxious, I already have my ML permit but hope to get this one as well. And having never applied this late for one I was a little nervous about my chances of getting one.

I would be nice if Idnr explained the process a little better though.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should be alright. I believe all counties except for maybe Pope have tags left. Unfortunately the IDNR does not have a very good inquiry system and won't have your information in there for a couple weeks. If you applied for the tag you should be set. The best bet is to see how many tags remain for the county you are applying for now and next time they update the amount of tags as long as its not zero you should be ok. The inquiry system though is your best bet, I'd check it every couple of days.

Personally, I wouldn't worry. As long as you make it in before the tags go over the counter you should be set. What county were you applying for?
Old 08-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fastetti
You should be alright. I believe all counties except for maybe Pope have tags left. Unfortunately the IDNR does not have a very good inquiry system and won't have your information in there for a couple weeks. If you applied for the tag you should be set. The best bet is to see how many tags remain for the county you are applying for now and next time they update the amount of tags as long as its not zero you should be ok. The inquiry system though is your best bet, I'd check it every couple of days.

Personally, I wouldn't worry. As long as you make it in before the tags go over the counter you should be set. What county were you applying for?
Thank's, I applied for Pope county. It looks like there were only 78 either sex permits (which I applied for) and 0 antlerless permits left. I applied the first day, so I guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed. I will keep checking the inquiry system, and hopefully it will have good news for me soon.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Spike

pope county only had 78 muzzleloader permits left,but had 1162 firearm permits left.thats several hundred more than are usually left by the time the daily drawing starts.relax,its in the bag.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rab123
pope county only had 78 muzzleloader permits left,but had 1162 firearm permits left.thats several hundred more than are usually left by the time the daily drawing starts.relax,its in the bag.

Not sure why I was looking at ML permits, but after seeing how many firearm permits were left I think I can start packing.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

I talked to an IDNR employee a few years ago. I think "random" refers to "daily." The way I understand it, they let applications pile up for a while, then do a drawing--not necessarily a drawing every day. So, if you get your application in before whenever they do the drawing, you are included in the pool. I believe, if you apply twice before a drawing is held, your second application gets pushed to the next drawing.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Murdy is right, it's not daily but I believe every week give or take. I think when they have enough to justify starting another batch of permits.

If your looking for your either sex for Pope your fine, I wouldnt worry at all. The antlerless permits there go like wildfire since there is so much public land. You can usually get any permit in this state (other than public land limited permits) up until they go over the counter.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Just to update, Idnr updated the inquiry system and my permit is coming.
Thanks to all that replied. I have a better idea how it work's now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.