HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Southern Indiana Hunters?! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/368064-southern-indiana-hunters.html)

hunter_ludda 07-30-2012 08:12 AM

Southern Indiana Hunters?!

Anyone hunting in Southern Indiana? If so:
Where?
Seeing any good bucks?

I hunt in and around Vanderburgh and Posey county. Got numerous bucks that are 150+ on camera and can't wait til 9/15/12 opening urban season.

Noblehunter 07-31-2012 04:34 PM

Nope, northern hoosier hunter here. Seen a nice group of 6 bucks last week in bean field. Couple of racks looked to be about 12" tall. Good luck on 9-15.

Hoosier_Slayer 08-09-2012 03:50 PM

I'll be hunting in Harrison County and have several nice bucks on camera so far. I have 4 cameras out, and they are all producing nices pictures. Hopefully they will all still be in the same area come October 1st..

elmoughler 08-13-2012 09:13 AM

DeKalb County here however I have family that hunts Dubois County and they always do well.

henson59 08-14-2012 11:23 AM

I hunt Ohio county (my inlaws property). This will be my second year down there hunting. I am from central IL and it took me alittle while to get used to the mountains (hills)they have in southern Indiana haha!!! Last year the weather hurt my season but this year I have several good bucks on camera and I am really excited about the new Indiana tag bundle! Should be a great season.

arrow2512 08-14-2012 07:22 PM

Hello ,I'm from southwest INDIANA. I haven't yet to see a buck so far this year but hoping that the buck i seen during gun season late year but didn't get a shot shows up again this year .

Quicksilver34 08-26-2012 05:28 AM

I Hunt harrison , crawford & washington co.

WSnyder4 09-09-2012 02:52 PM

I just moved to Plainfield, Indiana from Pennsylvania and have been looking for places to archery hunt... I have asked a lot of people, but haven't had any luck finding land to hunt... If anyone has any advice on where to look or where there is any public land I would appreciate it since i'm newto the area...Thanks.

hunter_ludda 09-11-2012 08:08 AM

Go to indianadnr.com and it will give you listings of public ground to hunt.

36fan 09-12-2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by WSnyder4 (Post 3975146)
I just moved to Plainfield, Indiana from Pennsylvania and have been looking for places to archery hunt... I have asked a lot of people, but haven't had any luck finding land to hunt... If anyone has any advice on where to look or where there is any public land I would appreciate it since i'm newto the area...Thanks.

The closest place would probably be Morgan-Monroe State Forest. It's between Martinsville and Bloomington. Keep looking around, it may take some time, but if you put forth the effort, you will find some private land closer to home.