Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Hunting Cabin Insurance? >

Hunting Cabin Insurance?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hunting Cabin Insurance?

Old 03-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Spike

Question Hunting Cabin Insurance?

We have some land and a hunting cabin in SE Ohio and can't seem to find anyone to insure it. Does anyone know someone that does that in Ohio???
Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

i used ti insure mine with American family. Got so expensive I quit. Almost as high as my home.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Same thing with my place up in northern Michigan. There were so many exclusions in the policy and it was getting so expensive we dropped insurance a long time ago and just pray a little more, LOL! I cut electric out at the pole unless I'm there and also took a lot of trees out around the place so there is nothing big that could come down and destroy the place in a wind or ice storm. Other than that I just hope for the best and so far since I got the property in 1973 everything has worked out okay.