Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Illinois Second Shotgun Season >

Illinois Second Shotgun Season

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Second Shotgun Season

Old 11-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Spike

Default Illinois Second Shotgun Season

Anyone else have high hopes for this weekends shotgun season? We found in our neck of the woods very high winds Fri and Saturday and rain on Sunday on the first weekend and did not see much movement. Am thankful to have taken a doe on Sunday afternoon of first season but am looking forward to some favorable temps and conditions this weekend. Thoughts?
Old 11-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have very high hopes, looks like the weather will be very good. The deer should be moving pretty good. I can hardly wait til Thursday...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

only going sat/sun.

crossing my fingers, all the corn should be down which can only help.

we have 1 food plot I wanted to hunt 1st season and never did, checked it out on the way out after 1st season and it looked pretty well chewed, not sure it'll even be around come 2nd season, but if so, may be a big attractant.

couple guys took 2 dinks, 2.5yo 8pts... during 1st season.

hopefully some cooler weather will help movement? not really sure. suppose to rain 1 of those 2 days, but who knows, maybe the report will change.

not sure if a 2nd rut will show some activity?

I'd love a monster to show up that we haven't seen on camera, have our eye on a 2.5 or 3.5yo 9point.

good luck boys!
Shoot a monster!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Typical Buck

I shot a buck Friday of first season, but it was one of the only 4 deer I saw and I sat ALL day. I'm looking forward to Saturday morning because my 6 yr old son will be in a blind with me that morning. I've been saving this spot just for that morning in hopes that he will be able to see some deer and hopefully I can tag one. I'm hoping a big doe wonders through before he gets burnt out. Good luck guys.
rw
Old 11-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Spike

Ill be out the whole 2nd season, cant wait to drop a big one! Good luck guys, be safe.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

I'm going to burn some vacation for this one, and muzzleloader. Conditions are improving. First season was awful. I couldn't get out on Sunday, and we all know how Friday and Saturday were. So, yeah, I got high hopes.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

we had a few clients that had a hard hunt as well during the first hunt, weather is a key factor. If it's cold during the 2nd season, hunt the food source....good luck !!!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Murdy
I'm going to burn some vacation for this one, and muzzleloader. Conditions are improving. First season was awful. I couldn't get out on Sunday, and we all know how Friday and Saturday were. So, yeah, I got high hopes.
how were fri/sat? lol. pretty standard around here for me... same as usual, did I miss something? warm? windy?
Old 11-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can only get out Saturday for second season. Running out of Vacation time for this year so can't take anymore days off. I'm agreeing with BowHunterCop, really hoping food sources pay off. We sat a lot off on one of our corn fields that is always promising during first season and really didn't see much at all. My buddy took a bad genetics 4 pointer but other than that, a couple does and a couple small bucks. Last year second season I say 18 deer in one night and missed the chance at a good buck by 10 yards (winded me). Its down to the wire for me but I'm hoping for a bottom of the 9th grand slam this weekend!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Spike

I was out the whole 2nd season and had no luck. Saw a lot of deer but they were running or in heavy cover. I was hunting public land and there was alot of pressure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.