Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
What can we do about littering? >

What can we do about littering?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

What can we do about littering?

Old 11-27-2011, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default What can we do about littering?

I'm tired of walking into the woods with no garbage and coming out with a bunch of beer cans. Am I the only person not drinking while I'm out hunting? It is public land that the littering is always on but it's pretty lame. As far as I'm concerned the person leaving the trash in the woods is not better than the trash in the woods. I can fill up a grocery bag every time I go into the woods there with beer Busch Light and Mountain Dew cans. Does everybody just put up with this as the norm or does anybody else get sick of seeing it?
Old 11-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too see it often and am also always picking up after others who are too lazy & selfish to do it themselves.... especially around the lakes and water.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Spike

i think if your going to hunt you should do it right you know private property is one of the hardest places to hunt on so if you get permision i agree people should pick up emty shells or trash of any kind to keep your part to be able to hunt land like that, also another reoson people should pick up trash is becouse we want to go out there and see beutiful wildlife but i dont think nce part of property that would be a comfortable place hunt would have trash on it all hunters need to respect the great outdoors and pick up trash so it makes it comfortable for big bucks and future hunters
Old 02-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

You can't change those that litter,
Just keep doing what your doing, leave it cleaner than when you enter,
I also carry plastic bags with me, not just for my own trash, but to pack out others trash,
And yes fishing sites are the worse, can fill the hull of my kayak with other people's trash from a day on the lake.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Spike

Default trash in the woods

Originally Posted by Terasec
You can't change those that litter,
Just keep doing what your doing, leave it cleaner than when you enter,
I also carry plastic bags with me, not just for my own trash, but to pack out others trash,
And yes fishing sites are the worse, can fill the hull of my kayak with other people's trash from a day on the lake.

good to see that all of you pick up other people trash, but it should not be there in the first place, so if you see someone dumping,leaving or throwing there trash out TURN THEM IN!!
we get the same thing here in mich, not just in the woods
up&down the roads twotracks and hiways, parking lots ect,
just about any were they are at the time, this country is turning into a great big DUMP, young people need to learn that the fast food bags go in a dumpster not in the woods or our roadways.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I hunted public land when I was in college at Kansas I would find cans here and there but nothing too crazy. I think the hunters themsleves did a good job of cleaning up after themselves and each other.

The main problem was teens coming out and throwing parties off the beaten path. More than once I would make it to my hunting spot to find 150 red cups as well a few empty liquor bottles. Once in a while a keg would be a couple hundred feet off the path hidden by some brush. I'd always get a kick out of finding a two cups a few hundred feet off the path where it looks like someone needed a bit of....privacy I guess we should say. Don't get me wrong though, I was plenty mad but somehow within a week everything was picked up like nothing happened. Not sure if the kids came back so not to ruin there "party" spot or if volunteers did it.

Randon beer cans are the worst. I wonder if one person thinks to themselves, "ah, one won't do anything" but never to realize if 30 people over the course of 10 years think that the woods start to look horrible. Guess they just were raised proper.