Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Indiana 2011 Deer Season Thread >

Indiana 2011 Deer Season Thread

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana 2011 Deer Season Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

So far I've got a nice doe during early archery. And a big 9 pointer on opening day of firearms season... now I'm waiting for ML to come in so I can hopefully shoot another doe or two.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Had a buck come by right around legal shooting light, overcast skies this morning and all I could see were flashes of body through the cedars.
I know it was a buck, he grunted twice, short burp grunts.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw deer nearly every time out during archery season. Missed a doe at 30yds and a small buck at 15yds. I was out almost every day from Oct. 21st until Nov. 16th, the day I shot a medium sized buck with the shotgun. In my area I can say the rut began on Nov. 8th. On that day I began seeing bucks moving around during the day and small bucks actually chasing does. I have only been once since I killed the buck but will start hunting again with the bow next week.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 11-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

things seem to be really be happenin' here in NE Indiana. So far there have been 8 bucks and 3 does taken off the property I hunt. I have got 2 personally. A buck and doe. So far mines been the nicest rack, though there was a big-bodied 6pt. taken last week. It had a real short antlers that appeared to be almost stunted. It is major deer trail through that area so sooner or later they come through. Pretty cool.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Spike

Even thought I killed my fair share of deer this year. It was the hardest season yet, I stuck it out an did well in December, best thing to do is hang in there