Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wisconsin rut activity >

Wisconsin rut activity

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin rut activity

Old 11-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fordtough150
After last night and this morning, that makes seven straight 3+hr sits of not seeing a thing. I have to be the un-luckiest hunter in WI!

I was seeing deer almost every sit pre November.
Been quite around me as well. I had good action of younger bucks about a week and half ago. I had that week off and sat every day, last week and this past weekend....nothing at all, not even anything chasing in the fields. nothing coming in for the apples, four cams out and one pic of a doe in the last 5 days. sat out Saturday all day and didnt see a deer.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

This is the damndest rut I have ever seen. Where are the deer? either there aren't as many as we think or they are getting aweful shy.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Either I blinked and missed the rut or something. At first I thought maybe I did miss it, thought they were lcoked down but then my trail cam has pics of several Does, no bucks around, eating corn. Dont see any new Scrapes/Rubs since the little ones were out and about.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

This has been a weird season no doubt.. Not sure what is up with the lack of activity. Barely any rubs or scrapes in areas where there usually are TONS
Old 11-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Spike

I have walked hundreds of acres of land and find very little sign. I think I have only found one scrape, too. All my trail cam pics are at night, which is something I hate!

Good luck to you guys this weekend! Shoot straight.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to everyone hitting the woods tomorrow! Be safe and shoot straight.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

opening day i was doing some grunting and not to far away by my dad and brother they had a small buck chaseing a doe and respounding to my grunts

and the night before there was a doe beded in the ditch and sitting on the top of the dich was a realy nice 8 point and he had been there for the lanst5 hour and a half
Old 11-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope everyone knows that the bucks are no longer in the seeking and chasing phase. The breeding phase is almost done, 2 weeks ago I hunted hard and seen a lot of chasing, a lot of fighting, a lot of does in heat. The next couple of days people should be seeing a lot more big bucks because the little guys can't handle it anymore. They are getting worn down, the only bucks that still can handle this abuse are the big ones. I have only been out twice for the gun season and seen a Monster buck with a doe and two other bucks. Of course had no shot at the buck but I have seen a lot of broken antlers and roughed up backs on some does. Thats my 2 cents. So Im calling people will start getting more and more mature bucks as the week goes on.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Opening morning they were grunting and chasing hard. There is one less buck in the woods as I dumped a bruiser in hot pursuit!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the first 2 days of gun seasion there were some nice bucks shot. After that it was up to the ground guys to push em out. I hope the lack of pressure during the muzzel loader hunt gets some better results.