Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wisconsin rut activity >

Wisconsin rut activity

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin rut activity

Old 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by furgitter
Tomorrow we should have snow, and more on the way. Im gonna find a track and see whats at the other end of it.
That sounds like a good idea, might have to try that myself if we actually get snow this time.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sat till 11:00 this morning and only had one spike buck come in. I then went and scouted and still hunted some public land and ended up finding these.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like some good genes in them thar woods! Go get him buckchaser!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Spike

It's great to finally see snow! I also love to go for walks in the woods, find tracks, and then follow them. I get done with work at 3PM and the snow should be tapering off by then, so hopefully I can find some tracks!

Buckchaser- those sheds have some mass to 'em! Have you seen any heavy horned boys around you this year?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fordtough150
It's great to finally see snow! I also love to go for walks in the woods, find tracks, and then follow them. I get done with work at 3PM and the snow should be tapering off by then, so hopefully I can find some tracks!

Buckchaser- those sheds have some mass to 'em! Have you seen any heavy horned boys around you this year?
Yeah within the last week I saw two that were 140 class. Unfortunately one snuck up behind me and busted me at no more than 15 yards. Crap.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got nothing but soaked today. The snow was so heavy, falling in chunks from trees, that finding a track was impossible.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Today was kinda wierd. Falling snow, so I figured the deer would be laying down, which they were. It was loud moving around with frozen slush everywhere, but I saw 5 deer in the first hour, all pared up, and one single. I was pretty close before they bolted, except for a pare that I saw from 60 yards away. One was standing, watching me, so I decided, since they were too far out, that I would play with them a little. I put my bow on mu head like antlers, and made extra noise, and kinda milled arround and grunted as I walked closer. They let me get 40 yards away before I drew, shot, and killed a twig... and some marsh grass! Oh whell, theres always tomorrow!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Spike

After last night and this morning, that makes seven straight 3+hr sits of not seeing a thing. I have to be the un-luckiest hunter in WI!

I was seeing deer almost every sit pre November.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

havent been hunting on my land yet and yesterday i set up some blinds and there was tracks every where alot of bigggg ones
Old 11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool Dejager! Rifle seasion right around the corner too! I got no problem finding tracks, it seems the only way I see deer in the last month is to drive them out. I got no problem shifting geers and pushing the rest of the year. I realy like sitting in a tree better though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.