Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Kensington - Phillipsburg KANSAS Zone 3,7,and 19 >

Kensington - Phillipsburg KANSAS Zone 3,7,and 19

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Kensington - Phillipsburg KANSAS Zone 3,7,and 19

Old 09-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Spike

Default Kensington - Phillipsburg KANSAS Zone 3,7,and 19

Hey all. I will be hunting on private land outside kensington and phillipsburg KS this Nov 1-10 Archery.. I was just curious if anyone here has hunted this area before. Im not from there at all , I live in New York City. I know whitetail out there are supposed to be hugh....

Anyone have any ideas , tips or pointers ?? Im interested in all, Im not going with a guided service, we are totally on our own so I need info on everything from butchers , taxidermist, restaurants , grocery shopping etc..etc.. .

My hunting partner is handling the accomidations, i believe he rented a house for the week.. We are driving 24 hours straight thru..

We have both already received our permits and licenses. . The zone we can hunt are Zone 3,7,and 19.....

We are real hopeful about this hunt.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Spike

I'm about a hour west of phillipsburg...the hunting there should be good! I believe there is a butcher right there in the small town of kensington.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Take your deer to Phil Breeze. He's a butcher in Kensington but does deer out of his garage about 3 miles south of Smith Center. Smith Center is just 15 miles east of Kensington. He and his wife, Phyllis do a BEAUTIFUL job of processing deer and they do it very reasonably.

Chris
Old 10-28-2011, 04:04 AM
Spike

Thanks chris ..I can't wait I'm leawe should be there tues night..ving monday...
Old 11-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Typical Buck

Hunt the thickest creek / river bottom you can find.

Be on the stand all day if you can take it. You should have a great hunt as deer numbers are up these past few years. Don't be surprised if Muleys are coming through. Be sure you know the difference ( sorry if that's an insult but they can look similar in cover ).

Good Luck!!!